Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sign McNabb! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93870)

JWashington 11-19-2012 09:49 PM

Sign McNabb!

This team has the potential to make noise in the playoffs. I don't think we can afford to gamble on some "never was" QB to hold it together while Ben recovers. DMac has done it on the biggest stages and still has something left in the tank. The Steelers would easily be the best corps of recievers he's ever played with. TO was great but after that, who???:tt04:

El-Gonzo Jackson 11-19-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Sign McNabb!

Yeah, after all it worked out for him in Washington........er, I mean Minnesota...........um NFL Network. :noidea:

JWashington 11-19-2012 10:02 PM

:noidea::noidea:Yeah Washington STILL sucks even with RG3, he threw for 3,300 yards with 4 games left when he was benched for Rex who stunk it up. Who were his recievers?? Number one reciever last year was Bernard Berrian, really?. If youre gonna dog the man, be realistic about the tools he had to work with. Better yet, who's available right now that's better?

Stu Pidasso 11-19-2012 10:09 PM

DO NOT SIGN HIM.

He is a classic playoff choker.

NO

Fire Arians 11-19-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso (Post 1051431)
DO NOT SIGN HIM.

He is a classic playoff choker.

NO

that's fine, we won't be needing him for the playoffs. we just need someone to hold the fort until ben's back :tt04:

screw it, let's try to make a trade for tebow and do running plays 100% of the time

JWashington 11-19-2012 10:16 PM

Dude, I'm not going to argue his playoffs exploits, but I can. Anyways, he would come in to be the guy. Hell, until a couple of years ago you could've said the same thing about Peyton Manning. You have to do "something" to get to the NFC championship 5 times and a SB. We just need someone serviceable, I didn't say come in and be Aaron Rogers. There is no one out there on the FA market more ready to come here and contribute until BB gets back. Who would YOU sign?

xbroughneck 11-19-2012 10:30 PM

Rather have Jacksonville's old QB. (Garrard)

Stu Pidasso 11-19-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWashington (Post 1051437)
There is no one out there on the FA market more ready to come here and contribute until BB gets back. Who would YOU sign?

This is a partial list of notable unsigned free agent QBs

1. David Garrard
2. Brian Hoyer
3. Josh Johnson
4. Vince Young
5. Sage Rosenfels
6. Seneca Wallace
7. Donovan McNabb
8. Mike Kafka
9. AJ Feeley
10. Curtis Painter
11. Troy Smith

Of just those ones on the list, I'd probably pick Garrard. He knows how to win a close game.

austinfrench76 11-19-2012 10:36 PM

Garrard or Mcnabb. Just not Palko!

BowCatShot 11-19-2012 10:37 PM

We had a diamond in the rough and we cast him aside. I want him back. Calling Mr. Johnson. Oh Jarrod! Look here, Jarrod. Don't be bitter, reconsider..