Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Overall Handling of Injury Situation (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93909)

BlaZeQuietly 11-20-2012 03:27 PM

Steelers Overall Handling of Injury Situation

We are officially freaking out now.
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

We have reached the point of running out of players and now were freaking out signing old violent felons and undrafted free agents from 3 years ago.

Its like Tomlin grabbing the controls of the plane as its crashing and hoping Ben comes back before it crashes. (cause only Ben knows how to fly a plane) I would like to see some sort of satire cartoon modeled after that.

SteelersCanada 11-20-2012 03:38 PM

Re: Steelers Overall Handling of Injury Situation

Woo! More Tomlin hate!

Plax looks fine. What kind of quarterback were you expecting to be grabbed at week 12? Plus, we have salary cap issues and they both fit the bill of a short term band-aid to a problem until our regular guys get back.

It looks like you're freaking out, actually.

Atlanta Dan 11-20-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1051826)
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

We have reached the point of running out of players and now were freaking out signing old violent felons and undrafted free agents from 3 years ago.

Its like Tomlin grabbing the controls of the plane as its crashing and hoping Ben comes back before it crashes. (cause only Ben knows how to fly a plane) I would like to see some sort of satire cartoon modeled after that.

Since anyone could hav seen this coming, Tomlin should have:

Released Troy during the offseason
Signed Wallace and traded Brown for draft picks
Told Ben not to get sacked
Told Leftwich to run out of bounds as an alternative to falling down
Told Haley to not run plays where Cotchery might get tackled

IMO the only real screw-up Tomlin has made is his refusal to only use Charlie Batch as a last alternative

PettySteel 11-20-2012 04:04 PM

No reason to freak out, there are only 5 teams ahead of us in the AFC with Cincy getting hot. Ben will be back by Dec and we just need to keep plugging away. For godsake Steelers almost beat the Ravens with Lefty at QB!!! Only thing that IMO Tomlin should of done, was to let Lefty and Batch go at the end of last season. With a new OC coming in they should of went after 2 guys that knew haley's system.. St Pierre played under him in AZ and Leinart was let go by Houston last March. Not that i would want Leinart on the team, but he would have to be better than Batch at this point in his career..

nj1923steelgirl 11-20-2012 04:19 PM

At least he is younger!

teegre 11-20-2012 05:11 PM

The Steelers control their own destiny. They are currently a wild-card play-off team, and those behind them they either play once (Bengals, Bolts) or simply will lose more games that the Steelers.

The Steelers nearly beat a very good team, with a QB who could not throw the ball 30 yards; heck, he could not throw it 10 yards with any accuracy. Now, they have Batch... so, they are basically in the same boat (except, Batch knows when to throw the ball away, as opposed to getting sacked & losing yardage).

If Hoyer has to play, I will not even freak out then, because the defense is amazing.

Once in the play-offs, the Steelers will get back these juggernauts: BB, AB, DD, and Troy.

Fret not, man.

SoCalFan 11-20-2012 05:17 PM

I have been saying for a few years, the Steelers need to FIRE the entire training staff as it seems toward the end of the season, we are the most banged up team in the league!

Fire Arians 11-20-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1051826)
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

i guess you like the idea of gilreath being our #3 wr with no more depth than that?

tomlin went and grabbed the best available off the wire

preproman 11-21-2012 05:25 AM

Where is J. Johnson?

FrancoLambert 11-21-2012 04:53 PM

All of the above convinces me even more we shouldn't even consider playing DeCastro this season.