Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ed Reed Un-Suspended (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93911)

BlaZeQuietly 11-20-2012 04:34 PM

Ed Reed Un-Suspended

Ed Reed Un-Suspended

wah.

silver & black 11-20-2012 04:41 PM

Re: Ed Reed Un-Suspended

Good.

BlaZeQuietly 11-20-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1051838)
Good.

Traitor:mad:

silver & black 11-20-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1051840)
Traitor:mad:

??? sorry, I thought it was bullshit from the start. Just like I think most of Harrison's fines were bullshit.

Stu Pidasso 11-23-2012 10:25 PM

Let's see what happens next time Clark hits someone. The NFL just set a precedent. "Yeah he has 142 helmet to helmet fouled against him, but he's an okay guy, he didn't mean to do it. Pizza party on him this weekend at league headquarters."

BlaZeQuietly 11-23-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1051867)
??? sorry, I thought it was bullshit from the start. Just like I think most of Harrison's fines were bullshit.

Yeah it was BS just like Harrisons but did Harrisons get over turned? why? because hes a steeler.

steelerchad 11-24-2012 09:34 AM

I think this un suspension causes more confusion now. What's a penalty?, What's a fine? What's a suspension?
I have no idea and I don't think most fans do either.
I think this ruling may actually hurt Reed and the Ravens. Reed now has to think the next thing he does and he'll be gone. Maybe he plays tentative. Maybe he doesn't and gets bumped for a later, more important game against the Steelers or Bengals.

silver & black 11-24-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1052473)
Yeah it was BS just like Harrisons but did Harrisons get over turned? why? because hes a steeler.

You guys have to quit with the "because it's the Steelers" BS. That doesn't fly with a Raiders fan..... NO ONE has been f**ked more than the Raiders by bullshit calls, obscure rules and/or phantom penalties. :wink02: You guys think the league is out to get you :sofunny:. You are just rookies in that arena, compared to the Raiders!:chuckle: No team was ever more hated and "gone after" by the league, than the Raiders.

Harrison didn't help his cause any with his remarks about wanting to hurt the guys he hits. Yes, I know what he meant, and I think he's right, but I'm sure it didn't sit well with Goodell. It's not right, but sometimes you gotta know when to "play the game", so to speak.

TRH 11-24-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1052511)
You guys have to quit with the "because it's the Steelers" BS. That doesn't fly with a Raiders fan..... NO ONE has been f**ked more than the Raiders by bullshit calls, obscure rules and/or phantom penalties. :wink02: You guys think the league is out to get you :sofunny:. You are just rookies in that arena, compared to the Raiders!:chuckle: No team was ever more hated and "gone after" by the league, than the Raiders.

Harrison didn't help his cause any with his remarks about wanting to hurt the guys he hits. Yes, I know what he meant, and I think he's right, but I'm sure it didn't sit well with Goodell. It's not right, but sometimes you gotta know when to "play the game", so to speak.

i've followed both teams very closely for a long time. I disagree (highly) with what you just stated. The Raiders are not ANY more hated by others than the Steelers are (although many, many more people love the Steeler teams).
Both teams get their fair share of bad breaks, bias calls & fines, & excessive penalty flags.
Either "side" could argue that their team gets f***ed more than the other team. Neither are "rookies" as you stated in comparison with the other.

TRH 11-24-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 1052509)
I think this un suspension causes more confusion now. What's a penalty?, What's a fine? What's a suspension?
I have no idea and I don't think most fans do either.
I think this ruling may actually hurt Reed and the Ravens. Reed now has to think the next thing he does and he'll be gone. Maybe he plays tentative. Maybe he doesn't and gets bumped for a later, more important game against the Steelers or Bengals.

i agree completely. And further "questions" arise.
Would Harrison be "un" suspended? Is this favoring one player over another in any regard?
The NFL has got this one a complete, tangled, and complicated mess that will be very, very difficult to set straight.....even if they try and it takes a very long time.
Attorney's will eventually be involved - pulling all kinds of film from the player in question to other player's specific plays, actions, intents. etc, etc, etc.
WHAT a mess.......