Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93975)

Atlanta Dan 11-22-2012 10:19 AM

Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

This from the always charming BA

Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

“I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...mlin-steelers/

For once Arians and I agree - I also am thankful he was fired:thumbsup:

mikegrimey 11-22-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Can't blame him for seeing the upside in his firing. He had a good job here and a good relationship with Roethlisberger, but now he has the chance to work with Andrew Luck and he's a head coach, he certainly wasn't ever going to get a head coaching gig while working for us (I'm speculating a bit, but there was no interest in him even after 2 Super Bowl appearances... His stock was never going to get any higher).

I think most steelers fans are grateful too, the move worked out for both sides, Haley seems a bit more pragmatic as a game planner and we haven't had any head shaking game plans like we saw against Denver in 07 and the Browns in 09

harrison'samonster 11-22-2012 10:29 AM

I'm definitely thankful we let him go as well. Good way for him to look at it as well.

xbroughneck 11-22-2012 11:53 AM

No, thank YOU Bruce for getting the f*** out of Dodge with your weird offensive schemes. It says something about Andrew Luck that he can be successful with that thing you call an offensive scheme.

Btw...having a dedicated fullback hasn't hurt the Steeler's offense. Not at all.

Fire Arians 11-22-2012 12:16 PM

fire arians!

i can't wait till he plays the texans twice and ends up going 8-8 and people see what a farce he's been, and his nice record is due to a pattycake schedule and a lucky win against the packers

SteelersCanada 11-22-2012 12:29 PM

No, no. Thank YOU, Bruce. Ben and the rest of the offense isn't playing under your shitty system, and we're number one in the league on third downs. Ben isn't getting hit and the running game is effective. These are things that didn't work under his brutal play calling, and this offense is rolling under Ben.

So thank you, Bruce. We don't have to put up with your shit anymore. We'd also appreciate if he stopped talking about our team and our players. He was fired for incompetence and all he's doing is showing that he's immature and was fired for good reason.

Hawaii 5-0 11-22-2012 01:59 PM

well, that makes two of us then.

I'm thankful Arians was fired also...

ChristianKustomz 11-22-2012 02:33 PM

I say the next one to get fired is Wallace!

austinfrench76 11-23-2012 12:18 AM

Agree with BA! Win-win. Having heard his interviews in the past I think he's trying to be funny and a dick but I couldn't be happier! He was a sick a#@ coordinator in Pittsburgh but he's doing his thing in Indy. In my opinion, Haley has been AWESOME!!! Good for Arians and good riddance! Go Steelers...

austinfrench76 11-23-2012 12:18 AM

I meant SUCK a$# but you get it!