Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Endo Troy??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94003)

IamTheSteelGod 11-23-2012 10:36 AM

Endo Troy???

Does anyone expect to see him back this season? If he does return, will he make any mark on the D#? We are getting on without him, granted Munday and co are no match, but with Clark playing the way he does and the no1 rank against the pass, 5th against the run, does this necessarily mean that we need to keep him on our roster. I think we should bin him off at the end of the season and look else where. We done it with Hope! I am just fed up of him sitting on the sidelines, and only playing half a season. Your thoughts???

harrison'samonster 11-23-2012 10:43 AM

Re: Endo Troy???

I was starting to think he was done for, but I they recently changed his status to doubtful or questionable I thought, which makes me hopeful.

Troy P has arguably been the most important defensive player for the Steelers in these last superbowl winning teams. If he is done for, hats off to the man!

steelfury02 11-23-2012 10:47 AM

my personal opinion (ya know, cause you all asked for it lol) - is that they need to keep Troy either spied up on a QB and have him roam the first 5-10 yards, or just have him help a CB all game long. To me, there is just too much to gamble in letting him run loose and play some guessing games. I think he is in fact a half step off and it is causing a lot of missed tackles (just based on recent history - not body of work) The guy is great, I love him, am glad he is a Steeler for life - but at this point, if we can get on the right track - I say don't mess with chemistry and have him free-ballin it out there. Give him some specific assignments at this point.

SoCalFan 11-23-2012 11:05 AM

No one is better at BLOWING UP plays at the critical moment! Also remember, he makes the entire D play better by just being out there! When he returns at full health (he came back WAY too soon early this season) he will be HUNGRY and the doubters will be eating crow...

steelfury02 11-23-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalFan (Post 1052313)
No one is better at BLOWING UP plays at the critical moment! Also remember, he makes the entire D play better by just being out there! When he returns at full health (he came back WAY too soon early this season) he will be HUNGRY and the doubters will be eating crow...

you know - i hear ya - but even if he is 100% - he still isn't game speed ready - I'm just not as gung ho anymore on him. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong - I would love for him to come back and help this defense put the rest of the league on notice.

Steel_Bus_24 11-23-2012 11:14 AM

after his second injury....I thought it was expected that he'd be out till mid-late December.....I think hes still on schedule to get back this year.....though I hope doesn't get hurt again then

nj1923steelgirl 11-23-2012 12:08 PM

I hope he comes back this year...we are better with him..but I dont want him to come back and then just get hurt again...so Troy only if your really healed.....

Darkstorm05 11-23-2012 01:11 PM

It's funny, because earlier this year everyone was claiming our defense couldn't function without him. I don't think he's even remotely worth what he's being payed, and the fact our defense is really turning it up without him just drives that point home. I don't ever see doing doing anything to justify 10+ mil a year at this point in his career.

ZoneBlitzer 11-23-2012 05:57 PM

Will Allen has done great in his absence. I'm not sure that Troy can play the safety position straight up like Allen does. He has his specialties which make him unique but playing safety in a conventional manner is his weakness. When he was playing, he was often out of position and taking the wrong angles too often.

I don't think he's worth 10 million a year for what he offers. On top of that, he has become injury prone. I hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Troy. He's been a great Steeler but it just feels like things are winding down for him.

Hawaii 5-0 11-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer (Post 1052428)
Will Allen has done great in his absence.

I agree, makes you wonder why it took so long for Tomlin and LeBeau to get Mundy the hell out of there and let Will Allen play?