Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   timmons has arrived (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94066)

Jpeezyiseternal 11-25-2012 02:37 PM

timmons has arrived

i'm sure everyone else has already noticed it

maybe it was just his time, maybe he was reading all of these posts saying he wasnt meeting expectations, but he has stepped his game up big time

he looks like hes moving 2x faster than he was in years past

:tt02:

Hawaii 5-0 11-25-2012 10:05 PM

Re: timmons has arrived

Timmons is Digest Player of the Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

When a team is playing a game on the road with its No. 3 quarterback, itís going to need big plays in other phases to compensate. The Steelers got one of those plays from the combined efforts of Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons.

On the gameís first third-down situation, Keisel got his hands up to tip a pass from Brandon Weeden, and Timmons tracked down the ball, intercepted it, and returned it 53 yards for a touchdown. Adding in a team-leading 10 tackles, and Timmons is the Steelers Digest Player of the week.

Also considered were James Harrison, who had nine tackles and a sack; Ryan Clark, who had nine tackles; and Emmanuel Sanders, who caught five passes for 75 yards.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...f-3aab6819d542

TheVet 11-26-2012 01:11 AM

I gotta say, watching Timmons has been eye-opening week after week. This guy has really delivered for the team this year. What a pleasure to see him evolve into a defensive beast!!

steelbelieve 11-26-2012 08:55 AM

Honestly, this thread should be titled Worilds has arrived. He played a fantastic game on zero notice. Timmons, while solid, was beaten on the interception that would have otherwise gone for a first down. Give Kiesel all the credit there who deflected the pass into the arms of Timmons who was trying to catch up to the intended receiver.

steelfury02 11-26-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbelieve (Post 1054335)
Honestly, this thread should be titled Worilds has arrived. He played a fantastic game on zero notice. Timmons, while solid, was beaten on the interception that would have otherwise gone for a first down. Give Kiesel all the credit there who deflected the pass into the arms of Timmons who was trying to catch up to the intended receiver.

regardless, once again, in the face of defeat, the defense shined again. Can't keep putting them on short fields hoping for them to save the day, time and time again. They've done everything they could - just wasn't enough for the other 11 players who need a reality check.

steeltheone 11-26-2012 09:05 AM

The Defense did play well! We should expect nothing less against a bad team with a Rookie QB

maddog78 11-26-2012 09:07 AM

Eh - he got beat in coverage all game, including on the pick six. He's just fortunate that Keisel tipped it right to him, and Weeden couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

The_Joker 11-26-2012 09:12 AM

Timmons has proven alot to me. He's always been in my mind "that guy", who was overshadowed by Harrison, Farrior and Woodley. Now, he's my 2nd favorite LB in the league. Pay the man, he's giving it his all!

Fire Arians 11-26-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1054346)
Timmons has proven alot to me. He's always been in my mind "that guy", who was overshadowed by Harrison, Farrior and Woodley. Now, he's my 2nd favorite LB in the league. Pay the man, he's giving it his all!

he's already been paid, he's just finally earning it now :chuckle: