Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Let's watch some bowl games (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94070)

casteeler 11-25-2012 04:26 PM

Let's watch some bowl games

This topic has been discussed but its crystal clear what our 1st round pick needs to be spent on. Ben is my Favorite QB in the NFL but he is injury prone and a solid backup for the future needs to be picked up and seasoned. So who fits this offense best? Discuss

casteeler 11-25-2012 07:24 PM

Re: Let's watch some bowl games

Matt Barkley,Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson will be coming into the NFL next season and have potential. The Steelers can use Wallace for bait :thumbsup:

Darkstorm05 11-25-2012 07:26 PM

If we pick a top 10 QB next draft, he will be gone for a big contract before Ben retires. If we're spending a high pick on offense, better make it a new RB. Today was a little preview of next season unless we get someone who can break big runs consistently.

Jahodac 11-25-2012 07:31 PM

I think it's a little too early to waste a draft pick on a backup for Ben. We should probably just pursue a younger quarterback through free agency this off season and start looking for a replacement when Ben is around 35 or so. We have other holes to fill at this point in time.

casteeler 11-25-2012 07:33 PM

I see your point but this is the year the Steelers need to draft a QB that with a little practice becomes solid an reliable

casteeler 11-25-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahodac (Post 1053898)
I think it's a little too early to waste a draft pick on a backup for Ben. We should probably just pursue a younger quarterback through free agency this off season and start looking for a replacement when Ben is around 35 or so. We have other holes to fill at this point in time.

You must not have been watching these last 2 weeks

zcoop 11-25-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1053893)
If we pick a top 10 QB next draft, he will be gone for a big contract before Ben retires. If we're spending a high pick on offense, better make it a new RB. Today was a little preview of next season unless we get someone who can break big runs consistently.

Agreed, we don't need a top 10 pick, just a decent back up to manage the game in case of injury to Ben.

casteeler 11-25-2012 07:41 PM

I think the "Spare tire" backup QB has already bit the Steelers in the a**. I don't want the Steeler season resting on a "decent "guy

SteelersCanada 11-25-2012 07:44 PM

With all the defensive talent in this draft, let's draft a quarterback in the first round. Yeah, that's not an overreaction to having Ben hurt.

zcoop 11-25-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casteeler (Post 1053903)
I think the "Spare tire" backup QB has already bit the Steelers in the a**. I don't want the Steeler season resting on a "decent "guy

When? I hope you're not talking about Lefty or Batch.