Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Replay - needs fixed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94101)

steelerchad 11-25-2012 08:39 PM

Replay - needs fixed

Another bad week for officiating and replay.
I realize we lost because of inept QB play and turnovers, but it would have been nice to try one more shot from inside Browns territory with over 2 minutes to go. But because of a faulty replay system, we don't get that chance. Isn't replay to ultimately get the call right. Then why don't the rules allow that. With the game on the line, the refs are still in a position to cost a team the game.

They are reconsidering the rule that cost the Lions the game on Thanksgiving.
I've heard people argue that the Lions coach knew the rule and messed up by throwing the challenge flag, but that's kind of like saying it's OK for the refs to f*** up but not the coaches. I mean, his elbow was down, his knee was down. It really wasn't even close. So they can blatantly blow a call forcing a spontaneous over reaction from the coach.

The Ravens are gifted a 4th and 29 when they picked up 28 yards. Inside 2 minutes, game would have been over. A bad spot and then even a bad respot after review extends the game and the Ravens tie it and win it in OT.

All of these calls were game deciding bad calls this week.

Ravens1 11-25-2012 08:45 PM

Re: Replay - needs fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 1053969)
Another bad week for officiating and replay.
I realize we lost because of inept QB play and turnovers, but it would have been nice to try one more shot from inside Browns territory with over 2 minutes to go. But because of a faulty replay system, we don't get that chance. Isn't replay to ultimately get the call right. Then why don't the rules allow that. With the game on the line, the refs are still in a position to cost a team the game.

They are reconsidering the rule that cost the Lions the game on Thanksgiving.
I've heard people argue that the Lions coach knew the rule and messed up by throwing the challenge flag, but that's kind of like saying it's OK for the refs to f*** up but not the coaches. I mean, his elbow was down, his knee was down. It really wasn't even close. So they can blatantly blow a call forcing a spontaneous over reaction from the coach.

The Ravens are gifted a 4th and 29 when they picked up 28 yards. Inside 2 minutes, game would have been over. A bad spot and then even a bad respot after review extends the game and the Ravens tie it and win it in OT.

All of these calls were game deciding bad calls this week.

Wah Wah Wah.

Man, for having such a tough football team, so many of you fans are a bunch of whinning *****s. Try winning decisively for a change so tthere are no excuses.

Buddha Bus 11-25-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1 (Post 1053977)
Wah Wah Wah.

Man, for having such a tough football team, so many of you fans are a bunch of whinning *****s. Try winning decisively for a change so tthere are no excuses.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Unkindness 11-25-2012 08:52 PM

Why did you burn all of your timeouts? Second week in a row. Poor game management .

What did Tomlin say? "Excuses are tools of the incompetent."

Rice made the yardage needed.

harrison'samonster 11-25-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1053980)
Pot, meet Kettle.

I assumed he was talking to his fellow Ravens fans.

Buddha Bus 11-25-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1053984)
I assumed he was talking to his fellow Ravens fans.

My bad. :chuckle:

sw04ca 11-25-2012 08:55 PM

What do you propose? At least in the Ravens-Chargers contest, replay worked exactly as it was designed.

steelerchad 11-25-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkindness (Post 1053983)
Why did you burn all of your timeouts? Second week in a row. Poor game management .

What did Tomlin say? "Excuses are tools of the incompetent."

Rice made the yardage needed.

U might want to watch that replay. If you mean he made the yardage the refs required you're right. If you say he made it to the 34 yard line, which is where the 1st down marker was, you're wrong.

harrison'samonster 11-25-2012 09:00 PM

I honestly think they should get rid of instant replay. All it's done is invite people to argue about every play. They've never gotten everything right, and they never will.

Curtain_of_Steel 11-25-2012 09:02 PM

I dont think it was poor management taking all 3 TO's. You want to get the ball back with as much time as possible, they were successful with that.