Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why do the admins and mods allow Ravens fans to run rampant on this board? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94114)

Terminator 11-25-2012 10:22 PM

Why do the admins and mods allow Ravens fans to run rampant on this board?

I've been seeing it for the past few weeks. After our loss to the Ravens, and then to the Browns, it has been far worse.

A Ravens fan isn't coming here to have a nice, thought-provoking discussion with Steelers fans. They are coming here to start shit and fire off at the mouth. Plain and simple. You don't see this shit from Browns and Bengals fans.

I'm personally getting sick of it, because they are in EVERY thread.

What's the deal?

MACH1 11-26-2012 12:04 PM

Re: Why do the admins and mods allow Ravens fans to run rampant on this board?

As long as their civil and not here blatantly trolling up the board they are welcome.
If/when they start causing problems they'll get the ban hammer just like anybody else.

We have raven fans that's been members here for few years without many problems. So their not all complete assholes. :chuckle:

Bayz101 11-26-2012 07:33 PM

Actually, I've personality monitored several threads and it's always US firing the shots. The rat fans fire back, and it all goes to hell. Anyone is allowed here as long as they keep the personal attacks at home.

Darkstorm05 11-28-2012 09:19 AM

Plus it's fun to occasionally battle them. I don't think anyone is actually getting their feelings hurt out there. I do wish they would stay out of some threads where they have nothing to offer, but it just makes battling them more fun, really.

tony hipchest 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1054092)
I've been seeing it for the past few weeks. After our loss to the Ravens, and then to the Browns, it has been far worse.

A Ravens fan isn't coming here to have a nice, thought-provoking discussion with Steelers fans. They are coming here to start shit and fire off at the mouth. Plain and simple. You don't see this shit from Browns and Bengals fans.

I'm personally getting sick of it, because they are in EVERY thread.

What's the deal?

please... just lighten up a bit. all the mods monitor the situation closely. for the most part it is a little back n forth sparring and taking shots at eachother. most of our members can take care of ourselves and in most cases we allow the "players to police the locker room".

it things start to get out of hand, we politely remind our guests to take it to the blast furnace. if they dont heed the warning, they will be dealt with appropriately, but to this point none of our raven guests have really stepped out of line.

the ones looking to get a rise out of people generally leave on their own once they dont get that rise.

its easy to differentiate the ones who are here to interact for the week (and longer in many of their cases).

Terminator 12-04-2012 01:08 AM

I'm still seeing plenty of Ravens bullshit in nearly ever single thread.

Look at the post history for these 2 users:

BleedPurple
CTSxViper

Nothing but trouble and baiting. Sorry, it's just very annoying.

Atlanta Dan 12-05-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1055226)
Plus it's fun to occasionally battle them. I don't think anyone is actually getting their feelings hurt out there. I do wish they would stay out of some threads where they have nothing to offer, but it just makes battling them more fun, really.

Were you here for Bobby Jr?:chuckle:

Darkstorm05 12-06-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 1059208)
Were you here for Bobby Jr?:chuckle:

I don't believe I was. Some sort of super troll?