Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Colin Kaepernick (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94117)

OliverPoop 11-25-2012 10:11 PM

Colin Kaepernick

Now that's a backup quarterback.

teegre 11-25-2012 10:14 PM

Re: Colin Kaepernick

He was drafted to be the future. Akin to BB being the "back-up" to Tommy Maddox in the 2004 season.

PhantomJB93 11-25-2012 10:46 PM

Kaepernick was hardly a backup, they traded up in the second to get him and almost cut Smith last year to let him start. A valuable pick was used on him and he was intended to be their guy for the future.

I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to understand the difference between drafting a QB for the future and drafting a QB to be a backup. The latter is what we need and the latter does not require a first or second round draft pick.

TRH 11-26-2012 12:20 AM

the fact is it does make one jealous to look at teams like the 49ers who have 2 strong options to play QB....the Seahawks are another one - they have 3 QB's right now who could start and all do a great job - one, Flynn, is making like $8 mil a year and he's now a backup. I sure wish we had that problem.

Kanata-Steeler 11-28-2012 11:04 AM

Neither QB is that great, however, they are both very good.
Instead they seem to implement a very real hard-nosed communicative "TEAM" effort, ALL THE TIME, no matter WHO is the QB. ?!
Harbaugh is very tough on them, ..., (oh, and Hi Tomlin, BTW: hint, hint, nod, nod ???).
;)
...anyway, that obviously still works. Surprisiingly also, there also Ain't no "media-doteing"Hollywood-QB's on that team, for sure. -and for that alone, I was also a little jealous then.
imho.

zcoop 11-29-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler (Post 1055287)
Neither QB is that great, however, they are both very good.
Instead they seem to implement a very real hard-nosed communicative "TEAM" effort, ALL THE TIME, no matter WHO is the QB. ?!
Harbaugh is very tough on them, ..., (oh, and Hi Tomlin, BTW: hint, hint, nod, nod ???).
;)
...anyway, that obviously still works. Surprisiingly also, there also Ain't no "media-doteing"Hollywood-QB's on that team, for sure. -and for that alone, I was also a little jealous then.
imho.

Team is the key for their success. They are not a one trick pony team. If one player goes down, they just reload and are capable of winning with other members of the Team. I am kinda jealous of them too.

Fire Arians 11-29-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1054209)
the fact is it does make one jealous to look at teams like the 49ers who have 2 strong options to play QB....the Seahawks are another one - they have 3 QB's right now who could start and all do a great job - one, Flynn, is making like $8 mil a year and he's now a backup. I sure wish we had that problem.

actually sucks for them that 8 million is sitting on the bench, they coulda spent that money on a stud WR. of course they weren't planning on russell wilson to light shit on fire