Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Players/coaches stealing $$$$ (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94141)

jtbsteeler 11-26-2012 09:34 AM

Players/coaches stealing $$$$

1. Charlie Batch (they felt sorry for him because of his bankruptcy)
2. Leftwich( who know's why he's here)
3. Larry Foote
4. Mike Tomlin (for his evaluation in the offseason, also for keeping the strength and conditioning coach employed)

jjpro11 11-26-2012 09:50 AM

Re: Players/coaches stealing $$$$

Agree with the first one.. Second one to an extent.. Not three and four. What option do the Steelers have other than Foote? I mean seriously. Behind Timmons and Foote we have nobody. It's unfortunate what happened to Sean Spence, but it happened. Foote was never going to become Farrior in his prime. It's difficult to replace a guy who was the leader of the defense for a decade. He's not terrible, nor is he spectacular.. He does what he's asked and he's pretty much our only option.

Tomlin makes bonehead decisions now and then, but how can you blame him for all the injuries or six fumbles? Strength and conditioning coach? Strength and conditioning isn't what caused Ben's ribs to pop out and cost us two games.

Fire Arians 11-26-2012 10:50 AM

foote has been solid all year. not pro bowl status but has been consistently been sticking to his assignments

eafratitpm3 11-26-2012 12:32 PM

This is a great thread but it should be called players/coaches who should be getting paid. This list will be very short.
Offense: Heath, Sanders, Brown, Roethlisberger
Defense: Timmons, Lewis, Clark
Coaches: LeBeau

That's all!

jtbsteeler 11-26-2012 12:49 PM

I forgot Mike Wallace... He's a 3rd Comp pick waiting to happen. Sanders and Brown will be spending his money.

steelfury02 11-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbsteeler (Post 1054441)
I forgot Mike Wallace... He's a 3rd Comp pick waiting to happen. Sanders and Brown will be spending his money.

if you would have asked me at the start of last season who was staying and who was going - no way I would have thought Sanders would be here over Wallace. Gee whiz.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 11-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbsteeler (Post 1054441)

I stuck up for Wallace a little last week for saying atleast he catches TDs but tbh i hope he never wears a Steelers uniform again. Only if Denver are some team gave up a 1st round pick for him cause another 1st round pick would have helped us alot this year

RuHappy69 11-26-2012 02:22 PM

you forgot our special teams coach that was bumped up to the position because he was one of Tomlin's 'boys'...

Fire Arians 11-26-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW (Post 1054476)
I stuck up for Wallace a little last week for saying atleast he catches TDs but tbh i hope he never wears a Steelers uniform again. Only if Denver are some team gave up a 1st round pick for him cause another 1st round pick would have helped us alot this year

no doubt, we could have drafted both decastro and hightower :chuckle:

AgentGold007 11-26-2012 04:46 PM

I would take Foote off of that list, he's been solid all year in my opinion, and I would add Drew Butler to that list, yeah I know he's a punter, but still not very good to say the least.