Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Formula That Proves Ben is Elite (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94171)

BlaZeQuietly 11-26-2012 08:57 PM

Formula That Proves Ben is Elite

Winning Team - Starting Quarter Back = Losing Team

Patriots- Brady=losers
Saints- Brees=losers
Packers- Rogers= Probably losers
Broncos - Manning= Probably losers
Steelers - Ben = Losers

This Proves Ben is Elite to his Team, the last couple weeks has shown how good he really makes this offense look!

Darkstorm05 11-26-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Formula That Proves Ben is Elite

The Pats went 11-5 with Cassel when Brady went out for an MCL in game 1. The Broncos kicked our asses last year...in the playoffs...with Tim Tebow, of all people. And the Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was last a backup. And the Saints...well, they're 5-6, and Brees is healthy.

desertsteel 11-26-2012 09:10 PM

Why don't you use real case studies to prove your point? Like the Colts without Manning.

zcoop 11-26-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1054686)
The Pats went 11-5 with Cassel when Brady went out for an MCL in game 1. The Broncos kicked our asses last year...in the playoffs...with Tim Tebow, of all people. And the Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was last a backup. And the Saints...well, they're 5-6, and Brees is healthy.

Good point. I don't think there's a question about Ben being elite but the rationale used here doesn't fit. Teams and their systems wins games.

A serviceable back up can win a few crucial games in the NFL when the starter goes down. If you have back up batteries in pitch black and they don't work, they'll do you no damn good. You wont be able to see a damn thing.

tony hipchest 11-26-2012 09:26 PM

we were 1st in the league in 3rd down conversions w/ ben. something like an astronomical 60%.

w/o ben we are near the bottom at 23%.

that sucks and you cant win games if you convert 3rd down 1 outta 4 times.

anyways, i only need to watch ben play to know he is elite relative to the others. yeah, some may throw a prettier, tighter, more accurate spiral, but those guys usually need all day to make those throws.

teegre 11-26-2012 10:30 PM

My formula goes something like this:

BB is awesome + Steelers are 0-5 against the Ravens when BB is out - the media talking heads can suck it = elite

White_Steel_Wolfe 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1054688)
Why don't you use real case studies to prove your point? Like the Colts without Manning.

Amen

BlaZeQuietly 11-28-2012 12:57 PM

I concede some of my examples were inaccurate, point is , with out ben the steelers can't win therefore he is elite, like someone else said, like the colts with out manning.

Fire Arians 11-28-2012 12:59 PM

we don't need no stinkin formula

Darkstorm05 11-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1055367)
I concede some of my examples were inaccurate, point is , with out ben the steelers can't win therefore he is elite, like someone else said, like the colts with out manning.

That doesn't come off sounding much better, though. Any minute now a Ravens fan will be in here pointing out that you just said that the Steeler's are shit unless they have a top 5 QB. Clearly the Colts were.