Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Win or lose this Sunday (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94177)

maddog78 11-27-2012 07:48 AM

Win or lose this Sunday

Look, whether it's Batch or a rusty Ben, this game is going to be very difficult to win. What I would like to see either way, though, is for the Steelers to physically batter the Ravens. I want Flacco to go down early and often. I want Rice, Smith, Pitta, and whoever else has their hands on the ball to be pounded repeatedly. I want to hear stories of Raven players limping around the locker room after the game, and reports of "status unknown for next weekend".

No 35-7 drubbing this year. Make these guys not want to play the Steelers again this year.

steelfury02 11-27-2012 08:46 AM

Re: Win or lose this Sunday

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1054782)
Look, whether it's Batch or a rusty Ben, this game is going to be very difficult to win. What I would like to see either way, though, is for the Steelers to physically batter the Ravens. I want Flacco to go down early and often. I want Rice, Smith, Pitta, and whoever else has their hands on the ball to be pounded repeatedly. I want to hear stories of Raven players limping around the locker room after the game, and reports of "status unknown for next weekend".

No 35-7 drubbing this year. Make these guys not want to play the Steelers again this year.

you know what - they got nothin to lose - I'd love to at least come away form this game seeing some bodies being scraped off the field

steeltheone 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

At Baltimore.... My heart says yes... My brain says no.

maddog78 11-27-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1054806)
At Baltimore.... My heart says yes... My brain says no.

The way the defense is playing, I think my scenario is entirely realistic. I'm not saying they should win, they should just make the Ravens feel like they were in a war.

Harrison has his legs back. If Worilds/Woodley can provide pressure from the other side, it could happen.

tony hipchest 11-27-2012 09:12 AM

after all the times theyve taken shots at ben, placing bounties on ward and mendenhall, PLUS all their trash talk and gatorade baths, i think there is enough motivation for a little "retribution".

steelfury02 11-27-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1054821)
after all the times theyve taken shots at ben, placing bounties on ward and mendenhall, PLUS all their trash talk and gatorade baths, i think there is enough motivation for a little "retribution".

I hope Clark helps in this area - just don't lead with the head! I also see some inevitable fines or suspensions coming for some of our guys in this scenario lol - god forbid the Steelers lay a hurtin' on anyone anymore

Terminator 11-27-2012 09:31 AM

If Flacco went down with a concussion cause Harrison helmet-pops him, you won't see me complaining.

maddog78 11-27-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1054830)
If Flacco went down with a concussion cause Harrison helmet-pops him, you won't see me complaining.

:applaudit:

steeltheone 11-27-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1054830)

Thats not cool, I want to beat them with their best!

maddog78 11-27-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1054833)
Thats not cool, I want to beat them with their best!

Even when we're playing a preseason roster? Sorry, no brave words here. We knock Flacco and Rice out with clean hits, I'm not crying over it.

Injuries are part of the game, and we'd had our fair share.