Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94183)

Terminator 11-27-2012 11:17 AM

Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:21 a.m. Updated: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:51 a.m.

This is a problem most teams around the NFL would love to have.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark had to respond to widespread panic after a 20-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. The Steelers are 6-5 and would be the second wild card if the playoffs began today.

"You lose one game in Pittsburgh and the sky is falling, it's just part of the culture," Clark told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's part of winning six Super Bowls, it's part of being 12-4 three of the last four years. We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

"We need to execute and we haven't been executing. Do we need to win next week? Without a doubt. We could have needed to win next week had we won this game."

Execution becomes that much more important when you're down a Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a former defensive player of the year. Not sure you're allowed to panic when the team is playing without Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown. LaMarr Woodley, Mike Adams and Willie Colon all left Sunday's loss with injuries. The Steelers were down to Charlie Batch under center with Byron Leftwich out.

Sometimes injuries derail a season and the Steelers haven't been truly healthy all year long. The bottom line: the Steelers are not championship contenders without Roethlisberger.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-spoiled-bunch

Fire Haley 11-27-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
In today's presser Tomlin said that Beachum will start at RT

it's gonna get real ugly

Fire Arians 11-27-2012 11:25 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1054889)
In today's presser Tomlin said that Beachum will start at RT

it's gonna get real ugly

I think we will be fine, but will see less of heath miller in the passing game. They left adams by himself at times but I don't think they're going to do the same with beachum.

steelfury02 11-27-2012 11:27 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1054889)
In today's presser Tomlin said that Beachum will start at RT

it's gonna get real ugly

even more reason to keep Ben on the sideline - I think I hear the baby crying Ben . . .

austinfrench76 11-27-2012 11:43 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
He's right? Except I would replace the word spoiled with the word expectant. I expect that they don't commit 8 turnovers in 1 game, call me crazy. I expect that they don't commit silly penalties at crucial times in a game, again I know that's nuts but call it what you want. I also expect that they beat the bottom feeders of the league, and that has not happened this year! They SHOULD be ashamed of losing to Tennessee, Cleveland and Oakland. That's just embarrassing and undefensible. Even with a back-up QB. I'm a huge Clark guy so I tend to think that he is talking about everyone, not just fans. But, I am expectant. We are not the Chiefs, Clowns or Rams. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and they should hold themselves to that standard. Been a fan my whole life and I have always thought they had a chance to win the SB every year! No matter what. So yeah, I am expectant and so should they be. I expect them to give 100%, nothing more. On a side note: It does not look like Wallace gives a s&^t, and that bothers me as an expectant fan.

steelfury02 11-27-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by austinfrench76 (Post 1054906)
He's right? Except I would replace the word spoiled with the word expectant. I expect that they don't commit 8 turnovers in 1 game, call me crazy. I expect that they don't commit silly penalties at crucial times in a game, again I know that's nuts but call it what you want. I also expect that they beat the bottom feeders of the league, and that has not happened this year! They SHOULD be ashamed of losing to Tennessee, Cleveland and Oakland. That's just embarrassing and undefensible. Even with a back-up QB. I'm a huge Clark guy so I tend to think that he is talking about everyone, not just fans. But, I am expectant. We are not the Chiefs, Clowns or Rams. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and they should hold themselves to that standard. Been a fan my whole life and I have always thought they had a chance to win the SB every year! No matter what. So yeah, I am expectant and so should they be. I expect them to give 100%, nothing more. On a side note: It does not look like Wallace gives a s&^t, and that bothers me as an expectant fan.

he'll def not give a shit after Tomlin put Wallace OR Sanders on depth chart haha - someone finally gets it with this clown. Buh-bye Mikey:wave:

maddog78 11-27-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1054886)
We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

Kind of explains how they've been struggling with bad teams...

lloydwoodson 11-28-2012 10:29 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
I like Clark more and more all the time. All you babies crying about Wallace and Tomlin and the RBs... Clark is talking to YOU!!!

Lokki 11-28-2012 10:40 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Damn right I'm spoiled. "We got 6 rings, bitch!"

Fire Haley 11-28-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 1054895)
even more reason to keep Ben on the sideline - I think I hear the baby crying Ben . . .



Tomlin says Ben is 50/50




Remember that sacrificial goat scene in the T-Rex pen, on the first Jurrasic Park?


Thats Uncle Charlie on the chain


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum