Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2013 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Early 2013 Steelers Mock (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94218)

Steel Glory 11-27-2012 06:49 PM

Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
SO... here we go. We'll see how it turns out. I put about 30 minutes into this lol

1. Chase Thomas, 6-4, 248 lbs, OLB, Stanford
Has 12 tfl, 3 sacks and an interception this season. Thomas is excellent all-around defender and the Steelers can develop his pass rushing ability. OLB depth is huge need as Harrison and Woodley cannot stay healthy. Worilds has looked good in limited time but another starting caliber backup needs groomed. Thomas is steadily rising.

2. Shawn Williams, 6-1, 217 lbs, SS, Georgia
Everyone has been talking about his teammate Baccari Rambo, but I feel much higher on Williams even though he hasn't produced as many splash plays. Strong Safety is higher priority because Polamalu also cannot stay healthy and needs a much better backup than Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. Williams was made a team captain his junior season after starting only 3 games... When Rambo had 8 picks last season, Williams had 4 as well even though injury forced him to play ILB. Plus Tomlin likes versatility.

3. Kevin Reddick, 6-2, 240lbs, ILB, North Carolina
Has started to turn it on. He has 74 tackles on the season with 14 being tackles for a loss. He also has 5.5 sacks and 6 pass break ups. Reddick leads the team in tackles and has been a consistent contributor with good speed. While Sean Spence flashed in the preseason, Sylvester hasn't panned out and his biggest contributions have been penalties on special teams. Reddick will challenge for starting time and provide excellent depth.

4. Corey Fuller, 6-2, 196 lbs, WR, Virginia Tech
Fuller a former track athlete for Kansas transferred to Virginia Tech in 2010 to walk on for football. After making only 2 catches his junior year last year, this year he has started to really emerge. While Marcus Davis was touted as the WR prospect to watch, Fuller's recent game against Florida State has opened some eyes. He has 36 catches for 671 yards and 5 TDs for an 18 yard average. Davis meanwhile has been dropping passes. Not a good thing if you want to be paid to catch them.

5. Zac Dysert, 6-3, 228 lbs, QB, Miami of Ohio
Quarterback depth is a must and these past games have proven it. All Dysert did was go on to break most of the QB records by the last stud QB from Miami of Ohio, a guy named Benjamin Roethlisberger. Can develop into a solid number 2, so that when Big Ben goes down again, the Steelers have someone they can trust and can manage the game in the waiting.

6. Montel Harris, 5-9, 202 lbs, RB, Temple
Was a workhorse for Boston College before being dismissed due to injuries. He thought about entering the supplemental draft but decided to come back and play for a final season. He's averaging over 5 yards a carry and well above his average before the knee injury. Before the knee injury he at BC had multiple 1000+ yard seasons. This year he has 186 carries for 1054 yards and 12 TDs. Very respectible numbers, especially coming back from a knee injury. Adrian Peterson is defying all odds as a running back coming back from a knee injury. Harris can be solid if he truly has recovered.

7. I'll add here later... haha :applaudit:

cbrunn 11-27-2012 09:00 PM

Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Glory (Post 1055094)
SO... here we go. We'll see how it turns out. I put about 30 minutes into this lol

1. Chase Thomas, 6-4, 248 lbs, OLB, Stanford
Has 12 tfl, 3 sacks and an interception this season. Thomas is excellent all-around defender and the Steelers can develop his pass rushing ability. OLB depth is huge need as Harrison and Woodley cannot stay healthy. Worilds has looked good in limited time but another starting caliber backup needs groomed. Thomas is steadily rising.

2. Shawn Williams, 6-1, 217 lbs, SS, Georgia
Everyone has been talking about his teammate Baccari Rambo, but I feel much higher on Williams even though he hasn't produced as many splash plays. Strong Safety is higher priority because Polamalu also cannot stay healthy and needs a much better backup than Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. Williams was made a team captain his junior season after starting only 3 games... When Rambo had 8 picks last season, Williams had 4 as well even though injury forced him to play ILB. Plus Tomlin likes versatility.

3. Kevin Reddick, 6-2, 240lbs, ILB, North Carolina
Has started to turn it on. He has 74 tackles on the season with 14 being tackles for a loss. He also has 5.5 sacks and 6 pass break ups. Reddick leads the team in tackles and has been a consistent contributor with good speed. While Sean Spence flashed in the preseason, Sylvester hasn't panned out and his biggest contributions have been penalties on special teams. Reddick will challenge for starting time and provide excellent depth.

4. Corey Fuller, 6-2, 196 lbs, WR, Virginia Tech
Fuller a former track athlete for Kansas transferred to Virginia Tech in 2010 to walk on for football. After making only 2 catches his junior year last year, this year he has started to really emerge. While Marcus Davis was touted as the WR prospect to watch, Fuller's recent game against Florida State has opened some eyes. He has 36 catches for 671 yards and 5 TDs for an 18 yard average. Davis meanwhile has been dropping passes. Not a good thing if you want to be paid to catch them.

5. Zac Dysert, 6-3, 228 lbs, QB, Miami of Ohio
Quarterback depth is a must and these past games have proven it. All Dysert did was go on to break most of the QB records by the last stud QB from Miami of Ohio, a guy named Benjamin Roethlisberger. Can develop into a solid number 2, so that when Big Ben goes down again, the Steelers have someone they can trust and can manage the game in the waiting.

6. Montel Harris, 5-9, 202 lbs, RB, Temple
Was a workhorse for Boston College before being dismissed due to injuries. He thought about entering the supplemental draft but decided to come back and play for a final season. He's averaging over 5 yards a carry and well above his average before the knee injury. Before the knee injury he at BC had multiple 1000+ yard seasons. This year he has 186 carries for 1054 yards and 12 TDs. Very respectible numbers, especially coming back from a knee injury. Adrian Peterson is defying all odds as a running back coming back from a knee injury. Harris can be solid if he truly has recovered.

7. I'll add here later... haha :applaudit:


No way I touch Chase Thomas in the 1st ... that's a major reach ...

I like Shawn Williams...not better then Rambo though lol (my favorite player in the draft)

I like Reddick , only problem is being able to shed blocks on the inside of a 3-4

No receiver please

No way Zac last until round 5 in this week QB class ... if he does this is a steal and I'm all for it

Steel Glory 11-27-2012 10:49 PM

Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
Yeah I thought about putting Okafor there. It depends on where we pick. The kid from BYU might be available for us too. I don't think Thomas is a reach there. And while Rambo is good, and, as I've seen, your favorite player in this draft class, he got in trouble for drugs my man. Mike Adams was an exception. The Steelers usually stay away from those dudes. And I don't expect Mike "Fast Money" Wallace to stay around so I looked to draft someone.

cbrunn 11-27-2012 11:32 PM

Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Glory (Post 1055152)
Yeah I thought about putting Okafor there. It depends on where we pick. The kid from BYU might be available for us too. I don't think Thomas is a reach there. And while Rambo is good, and, as I've seen, your favorite player in this draft class, he got in trouble for drugs my man. Mike Adams was an exception. The Steelers usually stay away from those dudes. And I don't expect Mike "Fast Money" Wallace to stay around so I looked to draft someone.

lol Don't remind me about Rambo :banging:

PhantomJB93 11-28-2012 02:22 AM

Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
As a biased Virginia Tech fan I love the Corey Fuller pick. The dude is a hard worker and although we havent exactly had many good wins this year he always seemed to be the guy to come through with a clutch play or catch when we needed him to.

Marcus Davis is the receiver draft analysts always talk about as he is a physically elite receiving prospect but he slacks like hell and would be Mike Wallace 2.0 as far as wasted talent due to shitty effort goes. Nice to see Fuller get some love. I'd obviously like us to draft him when Wallace leaves, although we could probably get him later than the fourth.

Steel Glory 11-28-2012 08:34 AM

Re: Early 2013 Steelers Mock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 1055166)
As a biased Virginia Tech fan I love the Corey Fuller pick. The dude is a hard worker and although we havent exactly had many good wins this year he always seemed to be the guy to come through with a clutch play or catch when we needed him to.

Marcus Davis is the receiver draft analysts always talk about as he is a physically elite receiving prospect but he slacks like hell and would be Mike Wallace 2.0 as far as wasted talent due to shitty effort goes. Nice to see Fuller get some love. I'd obviously like us to draft him when Wallace leaves, although we could probably get him later than the fourth.

I think he is moving up the boards, and if he does well at the combine like I think he will, 4-5 round is where I see him going. Then again you can just switch the Dysert and Fuller picks around :flap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum