Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rolando McClain anybody??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94243)

cbrunn 11-28-2012 05:46 PM

Rolando McClain anybody???

Raiders released him ... Him and Timmons would sure up our ILB for years ... and would take a semi need off the draft board ..

buttttttttt he is a knuckle head and comes with Baggage .... I would sign him though, in a heart beat... let him play special teams and learn how a real team operates ... then bring him back next year if shows he's hungry

Very Low Risk , Very High Reward to me

http://i47.tinypic.com/t0n2td.png

tony hipchest 11-28-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

just like babin, he will go on waivers and another team with a higher waiver claim will claim him.

sounds like he's headed down the maybin/gholston avenue to success, anyways.

Fire Haley 11-28-2012 06:10 PM

nah, we're eating shoe leather as it is

did you know Beachum is our starting RT?

cbrunn 11-28-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1055470)
nah, we're eating shoe leather as it is

did you know Beachum is our starting RT?

What does that have to do with signing a ILB?? ... they have like 4 on the roster , release one of them and grab him up ...

nothing to do with a RT ... if you want a RT who's available ??? ... i don't see what any of that has to do with McClain

yeah your right Tony somebody with higher waiver will probably claim him first

Fire Haley 11-28-2012 06:48 PM

Like LeBeau would ever have them sign a FA linebacker to come jump in and play his defense..... phhhhthp

you really think so?

If they had any dimes to rub together I'd think they be looking OL first, that's what I say.

Hawaii 5-0 11-28-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1055479)
Like LeBeau would ever have them sign a FA linebacker to come jump in and play his defense..... phhhhthp

not to mention that it would take McClain at least two years to learn LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...

Fire Haley 11-28-2012 07:11 PM

meanwhile.....

Mike Adams is going to be out awhile

Adams has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=249335&spln=1

-------------------------

tape it, rub some dirt on it, be back in 3-4 weeks.....GIGGTY

Riddle_Of_Steel 11-28-2012 07:15 PM

Beachum looked better than Adams did.

SteelersCanada 11-28-2012 07:16 PM

Why wouldn't we take a shot at him? I mean, he was an absolute stud in college. Give him an offseason to learn the book and have him compete for the ILB job. I don't understand this fanbase and our need to sign squeaky clean players - why? If guys are good enough and have truly moved on from their mistakes and have the will and ability to learn and adapt with a new team, why wouldn't we sign a player? Plus, he played for Oakland - the black hole of shit for players but when they come out, they have the chance to play well.

I say we give him a shot and let him, Spence and a draft pick compete for the job. He did play at 'Bama and showed some serious potential while there - there's no reason for us not to bring him in. It's not like the veterans of that locker room would tolerate him if he went back to his old bullshit habits and work ethic.

We're too hard on guys.

edit - Give a 7th rounder for him and see what he can do under a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing and veteran leadership under guys like Timmons and Woodley. I'm tellin' ya, I don't think he's a huge bust. I think the Steelers could turn him into something.

cbrunn 11-28-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1055489)
Why wouldn't we take a shot at him? I mean, he was an absolute stud in college. Give him an offseason to learn the book and have him compete for the ILB job. I don't understand this fanbase and our need to sign squeaky clean players - why? If guys are good enough and have truly moved on from their mistakes and have the will and ability to learn and adapt with a new team, why wouldn't we sign a player? Plus, he played for Oakland - the black hole of shit for players but when they come out, they have the chance to play well.

I say we give him a shot and let him, Spence and a draft pick compete for the job. He did play at 'Bama and showed some serious potential while there - there's no reason for us not to bring him in. It's not like the veterans of that locker room would tolerate him if he went back to his old bullshit habits and work ethic.

We're too hard on guys.

edit - Give a 7th rounder for him and see what he can do under a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing and veteran leadership under guys like Timmons and Woodley. I'm tellin' ya, I don't think he's a huge bust. I think the Steelers could turn him into something.

That's exactly what I'm saying ... if he messes up, you just cut him ... not like he's going to be expensive ... and his potential is through the ceiling

Let him play ST this year (not like we couldn't use the help) ... and let the organization and veterans show him how to be a true professional ... if he shows he's up for it, bring him back

that's very low risk , very high reward