Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time to develop an young QB (and FS) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94273)

Carbon 11-29-2012 06:30 PM

Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Hey guys Steelers fan from Mexico
I honestly hope they just tank the season without risking Ben to further damage, but I sincerly hope they draft a good solid QB in the second or third round. A guy like Zac Dysert or a Tyler Wilson would give them a few options for the innevitable Ben injury. Batch used to be pretty competent, but he had much better OL to work with and Leftwhich is a disgrace...is he made out of bubblewrap or something?
Also the Defense has been pretty good, Jaison Woirlds seems like the real deal to replace Harrison mybe by next year, and the young CBs have been pretty good, but they definelty have to look for a young Safety to take over for Polamalu; Allen and Mundy are average at best, and Clark is no spring chiken either
:tt02:

SteelersCanada 11-29-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Jerrod Johnson might be the answer to our problems in regard to a younger quarterback. Having a veteran like Hoyer or Vick to be the second string would be ideal so he has two veterans to learn from.

Hawaii 5-0 11-29-2012 06:50 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1055796)
Jerrod Johnson might be the answer to our problems in regard to a younger quarterback. Having a veteran like Hoyer or Vick to be the second string would be ideal so he has two veterans to learn from.

the Steelers thought so highly of Jerrod Johnson that they brought in Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka for tryouts after Leftwich was injured.

SteelersCanada 11-29-2012 06:52 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1055797)
the Steelers thought so highly of Jerrod Johnson that they brought in Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka for tryouts after Leftwich was injured.

Isn't Johnson contractually obligated to the UFL?

casteeler 11-29-2012 06:52 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
This Topic has been gone over already:deadhorse:

Fire Arians 11-29-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1055798)
Isn't Johnson contractually obligated to the UFL?

thats what i thought. if he's already under contract we can't sign him

harrison'samonster 11-29-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by casteeler (Post 1055799)
This Topic has been gone over already:deadhorse:

how did you get that little picture of the Browns mascot?

Welcome to the board Carbon!

SoCalFan 11-29-2012 07:12 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Bienvenidos Carbon! Where in Mex are you? You bring up a good point! I sure do hope our next few draft years are good! One thing I know is, players like Troy & Ben only come around every decade or so!

kwpit79 11-29-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
I remember under the Cowher years we'd take a flyer on a 5th or 6th round QB nearly every year. I think it's a good policy to have. If you land a solid backup, great; If you land a perceived gem, you can trade to a desperate team for a premium pick or two (like the Kolb to Cardinals trade); and if you strike out, you release him and move on with your life.

Hawaii 5-0 11-29-2012 08:05 PM

Re: Time to develop an young QB (and FS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwpit79 (Post 1055832)
I remember under the Cowher years we'd take a flyer on a 5th or 6th round QB nearly every year. I think it's a good policy to have. If you land a solid backup, great; If you land a perceived gem, you can trade to a desperate team for a premium pick or two (like the Kolb to Cardinals trade); and if you strike out, you release him and move on with your life.

yeah, those Teeeeeee Martin and Omar Jacobs picks turned out sooooo well....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum