Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2013 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Honey Badger (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94281)

tburhans 11-29-2012 09:06 PM

Honey Badger

Tyrann "honey badger" Mathieu has declared for the draft. He is now a third to fourth round pick according to mel kiper. He is undersized but has elite ball skills and is a great special teams player. So with that being said do you think we would take a chance on him despite his off field issues?

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 11-29-2012 10:43 PM

Re: Honey Badger

I wouldn't even look at him unless he fell to the 6th round. He's not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick imo

67 calsteel 11-30-2012 09:41 AM

hell yes!The guy is a playmaker and can do something none of db can catch the ball.I know he is undersized but look at Flowers for Kc.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 11-30-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 calsteel (Post 1055932)
hell yes!The guy is a playmaker and can do something none of db can catch the ball.I know he is undersized but look at Flowers for Kc.

But Flowers has cover skills and Mathieu has no cover skills at all, he would have to move to safety but mostly be a ST player.

PhantomJB93 11-30-2012 03:19 PM

I could see Matheiu as a game-changing safety like Polamalu. Actually when I watched him last year Troy was all I could think about. But his attitude will keep him off the Steelers. He was given SEVERAL chances to shape up at LSU and blew all of them, and it's not going to get any better in the NFL.

Best possible scenario: We draft him, he's awesome and plays like a Pro Bowl safety, he gets busted for weed and traded to some scrub team for a 5th round pick while at the top of his game.

cbrunn 11-30-2012 03:31 PM

No thanks ... if the best he can be is a safety a 5'9 safety is not somebody I want helping to guard somebody like AJ Green for years to come ...

teegre 11-30-2012 06:25 PM

Before the 2011 season, I had him pegged as my 2013 R1 pcik. And, his 2011 did not let me down. Even despite his size, I was sure that he could be a playmaker in the NFL.

Then... drugs.

I was heartbroken.

And now, I wouldn't touch him, even in R6.

BKAnthem 01-18-2013 10:17 AM

A 5' 7" CB that can't cover?...only as a FA

SteelersCanada 01-18-2013 11:04 AM

He's a stud in zone coverage, this it true. He's also brutal in man coverage and would get worked by guys like Torrey Smith, AJ Green, Josh Gordon, etc. So, no thanks. If he's sitting there in R6, sure, let's take a shot at him. Not before then, though.