Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DeCastro back (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94308)

Riddle_Of_Steel 11-30-2012 03:54 PM

DeCastro back

Sorry if this was already brought up in other threads.

The reports are saying that Foster has been taking snaps at RT, and that DeCastro is expected to make his regular season debut at RG Sunday.

Has anybody heard anything about how he looked in practice this week? He went through his first full practices this week. Am I being too optimistic to hope that he makes a positive contribution Sunday? He looked like he was tearing it up right before he got hurt.

SteelersCanada 11-30-2012 04:05 PM

Re: DeCastro back

Oh that's interesting, actually. I'm more excited now because I was reading it would be Starks - Pouncey - Foster - Beachum and Beachum kind of scares me. But, if Starks is playing his former position and David gets his regular season debut, we'd have a pretty solid line protecting Charlie.

StainlessStill 11-30-2012 04:06 PM

I heard DeCastro is having trouble putting weight on his knee.

Open mouth, insert feces. That's what it's now becoming around here.

tarasovic2 11-30-2012 04:10 PM

I am reading conflicting reports online and from the blogs about DeCastro....I do hope he starts.

MasterOfPuppets 11-30-2012 04:24 PM

i heard he was getting reps under center and will be the back up qb...:hunch:

tony hipchest 11-30-2012 04:59 PM

it hought we traded him to the raiders for rolondo mcclain.

it sure seems way too soon to bring him back.

maybe we are willing to sacrifice decastros knee to spare charlie batch his life. we are 1 snap away to seeing heath miller at qb, which might not be so bad, cause then he can block for himself and throw himself passes all day long.

Fire Arians 11-30-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1056100)
i heard he was getting reps under center and will be the back up qb...:hunch:

nice! move over tebow for DECASTROMANIA!! :tt::tt::tt04::tt04:

AndyWitmyer 11-30-2012 05:28 PM

Having him back would be a boon for an offense that will finally get the chance to play with some continuity in the QB position.

Hawaii 5-0 11-30-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1056107)
thought we traded him to the raiders for rolondo mcclain.

the Raiders are insisting we also throw in our two fastest players, DeMarcus Van Dyke and Mike Wallace in order to make that trade happen...

lipps83 11-30-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1056091)
I heard DeCastro is having trouble putting weight on his knee.

Open mouth, insert feces. That's what it's now becoming around here.

I hope this isn't true. I don't want to sacrifice DeCastro's future for Sunday or even next Sunday.

I know there is a huge push to put the best guys out there and also the "win at all costs" mentality, unfortunately it is also at the cost of the health of it's players.

Look at Troy and how many times he probably pushed himself back to early. He can't even get on the field anymore because something is troubling him. Hopefully he doesn't become a broken down man by the time he is 50 (if not before that) like a lot of players do.