Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Curse of the Terrible Towel lives (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94367)

steelerchad 12-02-2012 07:34 PM

Curse of the Terrible Towel lives

Don't disrespect the towel.

TJ Whos ya mama-05 regular season. Result- SuperBowl
LenWhale White-08 regular season. Result- SuperBowl
Little Ray Rice-?

You'd think they'd learn.

stb_steeler 12-02-2012 07:37 PM

Re: Curse of the Terrible Towel lives

its true... :hatsoff:

ZoneBlitzer 12-02-2012 07:39 PM

OMG. yes, that explains it - of course. I forgot.

steelfury02 12-02-2012 08:55 PM

"buh, buh I was just taking it to hang up cause I can say I played the Pittsburgh Steelers"

Bullshit. Anyone who was at the game saw you and Ed Reed wiping sweat with it and rubbing that fact in to the fans as you went towards the tunnel. They might have been more subtle about how they disrespected it cause theyre pussies - but it is disrespecting no less

Terminator 12-02-2012 08:56 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...05948210_n.jpg

BlaZeQuietly 12-02-2012 08:57 PM

So glad we won today. If the ravens were 10-2 right now I don't think I'd handle it very well.

tanda10506 12-03-2012 01:29 AM

We just beat Baltimore with Woodley out, Polamalu playing half ass, Ike hurt mid game, a 3rd string RT, and our Center playing Guard...and we did it IN THEIR HOUSE! Baltimore has a VERY good home record and considered "Elite" by so many....I'm really starting to believe that the curse is real, no joke. I'm not a bit supersticious but there's something to it. Forget about the SB in 05, look what happened to TJ's career after 05. And the Titans haven't been shit since stomping the towel...this shit is real lol.

dez09231 12-03-2012 01:44 AM

^Nah, there is no real "curse"... it's just hard to beat us twice in the same year, especially in big games against pretenders. Titans aren't shit. Ravens aren't shit. Bengals....lololol....

Deserei90 12-03-2012 03:16 AM

Well, Myron Cope did once say that the 'Terrible Towel was poised to strike' I don't know, I'm not much of a superstitious person either, but I do have beliefs that their is something to the Terrible Towel. It's too much of a coincidence that everyone that has messed with it ended losing or never been the same. I say It's much like the Madden curse in my opinion.

steelerchad 12-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 1057990)
We just beat Baltimore with Woodley out, Polamalu playing half ass, Ike hurt mid game, a 3rd string RT, and our Center playing Guard...and we did it IN THEIR HOUSE! Baltimore has a VERY good home record and considered "Elite" by so many....I'm really starting to believe that the curse is real, no joke. I'm not a bit supersticious but there's something to it. Forget about the SB in 05, look what happened to TJ's career after 05. And the Titans haven't been shit since stomping the towel...this shit is real lol.

Actually, Lendale White was having quite the year in 08. He and Chris Johnson were being called Smash and Dash or something like that. Titans solidified the #1 seed that day that he and Keith Bullock stomped the towel. Then they went out and lost to the #6 seed in their first playoff game. Lendale and Bullock both out of football quickly thereafter.

If Ray Rice goes down with a season ending injury, this year or next, I may start to believe too.