Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Where Was Plaxico? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94371)

frunko1 12-02-2012 07:52 PM

Where Was Plaxico?

Great win obviously. But was curious where Plaxico was during the game?

I thought with Sanders falling apart, and Wallace's recent performance's Plax would have gotten more playing time, especially in the redzone.

Did I miss something that happened this week (injury, etc?).

Just curious, I like seeing him on the field when we in the Redzone.

SteelCurtain5643 12-02-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Where Was Plaxico?

He came in quick when Sanders got hurt briefly

harrison'samonster 12-02-2012 07:55 PM

I would guess that he's not in great shape at this point. Hopefully they keep him around and he gets the hang of things. I think he's still got some plays left in him, it just might take a few more weeks to get into it. he's looked pretty awkward on the field so far.

SteelersCanada 12-02-2012 07:56 PM

We had Sanders, Wallace and Brown up. He wasn't really necessary.

While there's definitely an argument to be made about having him in the redzone, Haley thought having three young, fast and quick guys was more of an advantage than having Burress in the game. When all three of those guys are up, though, it's tough to put Burress in over them.

TRH 12-02-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1057623)
I would guess that he's not in great shape at this point. Hopefully they keep him around and he gets the hang of things. I think he's still got some plays left in him, it just might take a few more weeks to get into it. he's looked pretty awkward on the field so far.

according to the ESPN crew, Plaxico is in fantastic, ripped condition, actually.

Bayz101 12-02-2012 08:14 PM

Plaxico is in better shape than the average wide receiver, even at his age, actually. We signed him to account for the loss of Cotchery, who only seen a little time in Brown's absence. With Brown back, Plaxico's role is similar to that of Cotch. We simply decided the younger, speedy receivers, with a big target such as Heath, was the way to go tonight.

Fire Arians 12-02-2012 08:20 PM

too bad manny sanders fumbled the ball, he woulda took that one to the house. tried to run with it before securing it all the way, that was a fluke. he'll get the next one

btaylor179 12-02-2012 08:22 PM

sanders needs to tighten up he can be better than stone hands wallace

Fire Arians 12-02-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btaylor179 (Post 1057680)
sanders needs to tighten up he can be better than stone hands wallace

he will, that kid has it. he will get better with more reps, that was one of those situations where he saw the daylight and got too excited. will happen less the more he's given opportunities

lipps83 12-02-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1057683)
he will, that kid has it. he will get better with more reps, that was one of those situations where he saw the daylight and got too excited. will happen less the more he's given opportunities

I agree. How long is he signed for?