Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Not So Fast - AFC North Up For Grabs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94376)

Steel Warrior 12-02-2012 08:29 PM

Not So Fast - AFC North Up For Grabs

You all probably heard many times today if the rats beats us and the bungles lost, that the rats would clinch the AFC North. Well, that was correct because if the rats were 10-2 after today, us 6-6, and the bungles 6-6, the rats would win the AFC North if all three teams ended up 10-6 because they would have a better AFC North record against us or the bungles.

That's all gone now. The AFC north is still up for grabs. But, If we end up tied with the rats at the end we lose the tie breaker because even if both of their losses are to the bungles and broncos, and we go 4-0, we 'd have more losses in the AFC as one of their losses was in the NFC, and all of ours have been in the AFC.

So, lets hope we go 4-0 and them 1-3!

Fire Arians 12-02-2012 08:30 PM

Re: Not So Fast - AFC North Up For Grabs

the ravens will have to implode to win the afc title, i don't see that happening. I'm fine with a WC and healthy team going into the playoffs.

if we get in healthy, we can beat anyone anywhere

steelfury02 12-02-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1057694)
the ravens will have to implode to win the afc title, i don't see that happening. I'm fine with a WC and healthy team going into the playoffs.

if we get in healthy, we can beat anyone anywhere

I see the Ravens going 2-2 or 3-1. What no one is talking about is that not only did they lose - but as of now - the Patriots took the #2 seed, and the almighty bye from them after today! Don't think the Patriots are going to relinquish that!

Guess who we would get to face in the 1st round!?!? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

btaylor179 12-02-2012 08:35 PM

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! like our chances just get in

BlaZeQuietly 12-02-2012 09:09 PM

I'd love to face the ravens in the first round, kick their ass in front of their fans, but this time do it with ben.

SH-Rock 12-02-2012 09:16 PM

Ravens are vsing the @ Redskins, Broncos, Giants and @ Bengals. None of those games are gimmes. RG3 is playing lights out, Manning is at an MVP level, Giants are hitting their midseason stride and Bengals would be fighting for a playoff sport at home.

desertsteel 12-02-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1057768)
I'd love to face the ravens in the first round, kick their ass in front of their fans, but this time do it with ben.

I hope it's the AFC championship so we can break their hearts again!

Fire Arians 12-02-2012 09:21 PM

if we end up with the same record as them, they'd still win the division tho right? im guessing their conference record is better.

GMU Steeler 12-02-2012 09:27 PM

It would be great if they could choke like we did in 2009.

steelerchad 12-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 1057795)
It would be great if they could choke like we did in 2009.

They will be choking and limping in to the playoffs. I think they'll drop 2 more, maybe 3. I'd be shocked if they win 3 out of their last 4. If the Redskins nip them, I think their asses pucker with the Broncos and Giants coming to town.

That defense is weak. Redskins can run and RG3 is a threat to run or pass. They won't be able to stack the box to stuff the run like they did today. Hell, Charlie made them pay for doing it today, RG3 will have a field day with that D.

Now, whether the skins can slow down RR is another story. Winner will have to get more than 27 points to win I think.