Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ike Taylor injured (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94388)

SteelCurtain5643 12-02-2012 09:25 PM

Ike Taylor injured

Fibula injury, out 2-6 weeks, could possibly be "significant". Huge injury for our secondary

GMU Steeler 12-02-2012 09:25 PM

Re: Ike Taylor injured

Dang there goes his streak. Liked what I saw out of Allen today though.

Terminator 12-02-2012 09:27 PM

Allen was hawking all game. Not as worried as I first thought. He looked great today.

Fire Arians 12-02-2012 09:27 PM

that really sucks, hope it's not a fracture so he can make it back before season's end. was it something like fast willie's injury a while back? (broken fibula but he came back and kicked ass that season still)

PhantomJB93 12-02-2012 09:27 PM

Yeah Allen looked better than I expected him to in his first significant action, but this is big. Just hope he can be back for the playoffs at this point.

ChristianKustomz 12-02-2012 09:31 PM

This is insane. I can't remember...ever a time that we have had so many injuries in one season.

It's funny isn't it? The NFL says they are making the game "safer" and yet there seems to be more injuries now then ever before. What in the world gives them the delusion things are safer?

tony hipchest 12-02-2012 09:33 PM

today the talking heads on nfl network were talking about aj greens greatness and how nobody in the league can cover him.

ike taylor routinely shuts him down.

this hurts, but today is the 1st game where i though keenan lewis looked like a savy veteran who has been to a pro bowl or 2. he played a damn good game, and cortez allen did good in relief as well.

after what will allen has done, i really cant underestimate any of our back ups.

steelerchad 12-02-2012 09:37 PM

our secondary is deeper than it's been in the last 15 years.

Terminator 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Also, I know Troy didn't have any splash plays, but he had 2 NICE tackles behind the line of scrimmage for a loss. He also was a hair away from sacking Flacco in the first drive. He looked good. Bouncing all over the place, with my wife being his personal cheerleader in the living room.

StainlessStill 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Sucks, but our young corners have answered the bell. They are ready and are playing downright magnificant. If Troy is back and we can get him on the field 100%, then he'll even Ike's loss out.