Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What do you guys think of the beat writers? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94408)

desertsteel 12-03-2012 06:33 AM

What do you guys think of the beat writers?

What do you guys think of the beat writers for the Trib and Post Gazette? Who is your favorite and who don't you like?

I think Bouchette is pretty good. He emailed me during a game against TN a few years back about how the Steelers were playing that day. That was kind of cool. Overall, he's usually on target. I have read a few guys who don't know their facts though and that always bugs me.

Whodis 12-03-2012 09:28 AM

Re: What do you guys think of the beat writers?

Ed Bouchette is one of the better ones, but he comes off really arrogant in his chats. Ron Cook is the worse and seems to write whatever the front office wants, with no real opinion. I use to like the guy from a web site (I cant remember his user name) that would write some really cool stories. "Still" something??

austinfrench76 12-03-2012 06:15 PM

Bouchette is good, just ask him.

desertsteel 12-03-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinfrench76 (Post 1058495)
Bouchette is good, just ask him.

Lol. He is a little cocky.

Hawaii 5-0 12-03-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 1058111)
I use to like the guy from a web site (I cant remember his user name) that would write some really cool stories.

Jim Wexell?

GoFor7 12-03-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1058505)
Jim Wexell?

"Mike Wallace signed 5yrs/$42 million." :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan 12-04-2012 06:46 AM

The Trib-Review writers try harder than Dulac and Ed.B. of the P-G.

I like Bouchette but Alan Robinson at thew Trib-Review is a former national writer for AP and Mark Kaboly is much better at Twitter updates than the old guys at the P-G

The P-G columnists Ron Cook and Gene Collier are horrible

zcoop 12-04-2012 06:33 PM

Don't have much use for them. I consider them, talking heads with a keyboard. They are responsible for stirring up a lot of shit with half truths just to get readership.

SteelersCanada 12-04-2012 07:29 PM

I don't really like Bouchette. He comes off as arrogant and talks down to guys that don't know the intricacies of the game like the rest of us do. If you follow him on twitter, you'll see guys ask him general questions and the answers he gives back are mostly unnecessary sarcasm. Dave Bryan is also guilty of this, but at least he responds with humor most of the time.

There's very few I like - maybe it's because I'm from Canada. What I like the most - by far - are the columns written by the players. Taylor has one on Triblive, and there's a couple other ones written by players that aren't necessarily about individual games, but provide a general view of how the team is doing.

Hawaii 5-0 12-04-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1058578)
"Mike Wallace signed 5yrs/$42 million." :chuckle:

yeah, that was a major faux pas by Wexell...:chuckle: