Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Woodley/Worlids (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94430)

Sharkissle29 12-03-2012 04:56 PM

Woodley/Worlids

Will probably get ripped a bit for this but what would you guys think of this idea. From what I have seen out of Jason Worlids, I think the guys is a good pass rusher than most people give him credit for. He plays the run decent, but still isn't quite there.

Once we get Woodley back, how would you guys feel if we rotated Worlids in on passing downs, and let Woodley play on running downs? I am not sure if it has been Woodley's, health but he has not generated much pressure from what I have seen this season. Meanwhile, Worlids is pulling off Mendy like spin moves to get to the QB, which he nearly did against the Ravens (was an awesome move).

Just curious as to what people would think. I think I like Jason Worlids than most do on this board...

jfeust 12-03-2012 05:05 PM

Re: Woodley/Worlids

I don't know if I'd go so far as to setup a planned rotation, but I too am excited by Worlids development. It looks like we found our outside pass rusher of the future. Whether he takes Harrisons or Woodleys spot first remains to be seen (not sure how long each are under contract).

Fire Arians 12-03-2012 05:21 PM

worilds will be solid if he can stay healthy. most complaints about him is he's been on the injury list for the past 2 offseasons

StainlessStill 12-03-2012 05:33 PM

I'm confident in the Steelers linebacking core. Seeing Worilds finally come alive out there after a few seasons should make Steelers fans happy since Harrison probably only has 1 more year of ball left in him. I like the tandem of Woodley/Worilds moving forward for the future.

That said, the unsung hero so far is Larry Foote. Dude may not be dominant, but he completes our defense as is.

MasterOfPuppets 12-03-2012 05:42 PM

i think woodley needs to shed a few lbs. he looks way fatter than he used to.

austinfrench76 12-03-2012 06:09 PM

Worlids did play well! I just remember that it took Harrison severla years to make the Steelers, hell got cut by us a few times and the Ratbirds, as everybody knows. So Worlids may just be coming around...

desertsteel 12-03-2012 06:26 PM

Maybe it's time to move Woodley's fat but to the inside. About 15 more pounds and he's there.

lardlad 12-03-2012 06:42 PM

It's just a matter of time before this is brought up. Not sure Worilds is better than Woodley yet, but it is worth discussing. The guy is leading in sacks and had much fewer opportunities.

We'll see. Woodley got hot last year and had like 7 sacks in one month. He gets hot like that again this discussion is over. Worilds gets hot like that, it's still a bit of a discussion. I guess what I am saying is Woodley is more established, Worilds is still a bit of a risk. I love what I am seeing though, he's living up to expectations IMO. Good problem to have!

67 calsteel 12-03-2012 06:52 PM

i do think world's should get more playing time.What about this?Sub package
outside linebacker Worlds and Woodley
inside Linebackers Harrison and Timmon
D_line Kiessel,Mc lendon and heyward

FacemeIke 12-03-2012 07:29 PM

All I know is I"m much more excited about our future on defense than I was a few months ago. Worlids, Lewis, McClendon all look great. Brown looked good in the secondary yesterday and Heyward has started to show me some things and Ziggy is (very) slowly improving.