Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Roethlisberger expected back on Sunday but cornerback Taylor out (broken leg) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94462)

Fire Haley 12-04-2012 10:35 AM

Roethlisberger expected back on Sunday but cornerback Taylor out (broken leg)

The Pittsburgh Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger to return and start at quarterback against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, but they will be without cornerback Ike Taylor for at least two games and possibly longer, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.

Taylor has some form of hairline fracture in his lower right leg, an injury that occurred on the second play in Baltimore when he broke up a deep pass for Ravens receiver Torrey Smith.

He will be replaced by nickel back Cortez Allen, who had three passes defensed but also gave up two long passes, including a touchdown, against the Ravens.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2E6N0vKSi

---------------------

good and bad news, I guess

SoCalFan 12-04-2012 10:40 AM

Re: Roethlisberger expected back on Sunday but cornerback Taylor out (broken leg)

Im thinking the running backs are going to get a lot of work! Also ecpect to see quick release short yardage passes! Im not worried about Allen filling in for Taylor!

jrompola 12-04-2012 10:52 AM

Re: Roethlisberger expected back on Sunday but cornerback Taylor out (broken leg)

It'd be nice if we got the run game working for 150+ yards and limiting Ben to 20 passes like his rookie season

teegre 12-04-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrompola (Post 1058832)
It'd be nice if we got the run game working for 150+ yards and limiting Ben to 20 passes like his rookie season

I'd prefer a repeat of his SOPHOMORE season. :wink02:

LVSteelersfan 12-04-2012 11:18 AM

Having Troy back helps a lot. The QB has to worry about where he is at on the field which takes a couple more seconds to give Harrison time to get to the QB. the question is where is Woodley? Is he ready to come back? Haven't heard. That is a big loss although Worilds has been playing fairly well in his absence.

Fire Arians 12-04-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan (Post 1058847)
Having Troy back helps a lot. The QB has to worry about where he is at on the field which takes a couple more seconds to give Harrison time to get to the QB. the question is where is Woodley? Is he ready to come back? Haven't heard. That is a big loss although Worilds has been playing fairly well in his absence.

i wouldnt worry about rushing woodley back, worilds is kicking some ass. troy coming back is HUGE.

Ben back, we'll see how healthy he is but I think he will be A-OK. The coaching staff has to be smarter than last year to have him on the field barely functional.. right? especially after Batch just having a big performance, I would think that the staff doesn't feel the need to rush him back in, so if they say he's ready, I believe em.

Fire Haley 12-04-2012 11:25 AM

Bolts inj report

- San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner said OG Tyronne Green (hamstring, OT Michael Harris (ankle) and OT Jeromey Clary (knee) are not expected to play Week 14.

eat em up

Steel_Bus_24 12-04-2012 11:26 AM

Not having Ike is going to hurt....

A few matchups off the top of my head that are really going to sting is

A.J. Green and Wes Welker. What allowed us to beat NE last time was the added speed/ Size of allen being able to Cover NE's TEs an Ike shadowing Welker

Hopefully our O gets rolling a little better with Ben back and Troy/SIlverback start creating some "splash" plays to help offset

Millers the sh!t 12-04-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1058851)
Bolts inj report

- San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner said OG Tyronne Green (hamstring, OT Michael Harris (ankle) and OT Jeromey Clary (knee) are not expected to play Week 14.

eat em up

De Verdad? Yo Espero ellos tienen hambre........

Terminator 12-04-2012 11:35 AM

Considering Taylor is out, does that make Keenan Lewis #1 CB on Depth? If so, I assume he will now be covering all opposing team's #1?