Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94466)

lektrix 12-04-2012 11:04 AM

Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

Any recommendations on how to get to the game and where to park for the Sunday Afternoon game? I will be checking out of the Courtyard by the Mariott, Shadyside hotel on Sunday morning. If they let me park the car at the hotel until the late afternoon, great..one problem solved! If not, what should I do? I want to avoid traffic at all costs. I don't want to spend 45 minutes getting into the arena and another 45 minutes getting out. I have to eat dinner immediately after the game and then start my drive back to Toronto.

What are my options? What is the fastest, cheapest, most efficient way?

Park the car somewhere else for $$?
Public transportation?
Cab?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

Darkstorm05 12-04-2012 11:17 AM

Re: Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square and paying the $5 or whatever to come across on the clipper. It drops you off right outside Heinz, it's tons cheaper, no fighting heavy traffic for an hour, and they serve whiskey on the ride over!

Neil-Still-Rules-14 12-04-2012 11:21 AM

Re: Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

There's a garage on First Avenue. You can park there for $5. After you do, you can ride the T for free (the entrance is on the 3rd floor of said garage) to Heinz Field. It avoids all the stadium traffic and is very cheap as well.

lektrix 12-04-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1058846)
Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square and paying the $5 or whatever to come across on the clipper. It drops you off right outside Heinz, it's tons cheaper, no fighting heavy traffic for an hour, and they serve whiskey on the ride over!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 (Post 1058848)
There's a garage on First Avenue. You can park there for $5. After you do, you can ride the T for free (the entrance is on the 3rd floor of said garage) to Heinz Field. It avoids all the stadium traffic and is very cheap as well.

Thanks. Where exactly are these lots/garages? Is there an address I can GPS to? How early do I have to get to these lots/garages before they fill up?

Darkstorm05 12-04-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lektrix (Post 1058894)
Thanks. Where exactly are these lots/garages? Is there an address I can GPS to? How early do I have to get to these lots/garages before they fill up?

This is the address for Station Square, where the clipper docks...

E Carson St Opp Station Square Station, 125 West Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219

The parking area is pretty big. We've arrived there at like an hour before kickoff and had no trouble parking before. Obviously, that can't be guaranteed, though. We usually aim to get there about 90-120 minutes before kickoff, then have a couple beers, ride the boat, roam the exhibits at Heinz, have a couple beers, eat, have a couple beers, then watch the game.

pittpete 12-04-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square
My advice also..

casteeler 12-04-2012 04:54 PM

I took the clipper to Heinz for a Pitt game and it was very easy and I enjoyed the experiance!

Neil-Still-Rules-14 12-04-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lektrix (Post 1058894)

600 First Avenue

http://www.pittsburghparking.com/fir...ge-and-station