Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "Lincoln" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94502)

Lady Steel 12-05-2012 12:07 AM

"Lincoln"

Went to see "Lincoln" tonight. Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field were absolutely fantastic in this movie regarding his campaign for the passing of the 13th Amendment. I loved it and highly recommend it if you like these kinds of movies.

[YOUTUBE]KJVuqYkI2jQ[/YOUTUBE]

tony hipchest 12-05-2012 12:45 AM

Re: "Lincoln"

it wont be shown in my podunk town cause the only 10 film theater is concerned not enough people will show up.

i missed "man with the iron fists" and i am sure i will miss "django unchained" as well. :dang:

looking forward to the video releases tho...

Atlanta Dan 12-05-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 1059024)
Went to see "Lincoln" tonight. Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field were absolutely fantastic in this movie regarding his campaign for the passing of the 13th Amendment. I loved it and highly recommend it if you like these kinds of movies.

[YOUTUBE]KJVuqYkI2jQ[/YOUTUBE]

Agreed - a great movie that shows how in politics there is nothing contradictory about being an idealist and getting down in the trenches to pass meaningful legislation - I hope Obama & the House GOP leaders have seen it

Tommy Lee Jones was great a radical Republican Representative Thaddeus Stevens

Lady Steel 12-06-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1059029)
it wont be shown in my podunk town cause the only 10 film theater is concerned not enough people will show up.

:frown:

Quote:

i missed "man with the iron fists" and i am sure i will miss "django unchained" as well. :dang:
I want to see Django Unchained, too. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Tommy Lee Jones was great as radical Republican Representative Thaddeus Stevens

Oh yes, he was great. That scene with Sally Field/Mary Todd Lincoln during the party was awesome, too. :laughing:

MACH1 12-06-2012 12:35 AM

I didn't know Lincoln was such a badass killing all those vampires. :rolleyes:

Lady Steel 12-06-2012 12:42 AM

Now you know! :laughing:

Vis 12-10-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1059029)

looking forward to the video releases tho...

Need a link?