Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Toughest competition? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94517)

Quackjack 12-05-2012 03:05 PM

Toughest competition?

Who do you guys think would be the hardest team to beat in the postseason? I think it is the New England Patriots, they are on fire. I am not worried about the Rats, Colts, or Texans, but the Broncos would be a tough one, especially without Clark.

austinfrench76 12-05-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Toughest competition?

I agree! The only saving grace with Denver is that Manning has not been great in the post season in his career. NE is probably our biggest competition.

Quackjack 12-05-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinfrench76 (Post 1059132)
I agree! The only saving grace with Denver is that Manning has not been great in the post season in his career. NE is probably our biggest competition.

If anyone else knows a Pats fan, rub it in their faces if we win. Tired of hearing of their drub.

steelerchad 12-05-2012 03:14 PM

I'd say Denver.

teegre 12-05-2012 03:15 PM

Health.

GMU Steeler 12-05-2012 03:17 PM

Denver. Tough place to play, we'd be without Clark, etc. I do think the key is health though. If we enter the postseason healthy, I like our chances.

Rotorhead 12-05-2012 03:23 PM

Denver, their D is on fire right now. But not nearly as dangerous without their top RB. I think we matchup well with NE and our passing Def, plus they just lost their top weapon in Gronk. So its a toss up. For all the Houston hype they dont worry me as they just play solid FB and we can do the same.

StainlessStill 12-05-2012 03:25 PM

Since the playoffs are shaping up, I'm going to do something different and rank each AFC team and the threat they bring to the postseason.

On a scale from 1-10 ranking each team as a threat:

1. Houston 8/10
2. Baltimore 5.5/10
3. New England 8.7/10
4. Denver 9/10
-----------------
5. Indianapolis 6.5/10
6. Pittsburgh (without Ben) 5/10
-----------------
7. Cincinnati 5/10

Point blank, when it comes down to it, if I'm any AFC team, I'm scared to absolute death of Denver and New England. I had the Pats at 8.5, but bumped them up close to the 9 I gave Denver only because I think if it DOES come down to it, I'd think it would be much tougher going to Denver in the post-season than it would New England, but that's just my quick observation.

Buddha Bus 12-05-2012 03:33 PM

Denver in Denver. No Ryan Clark puts us at a disadvantage right off the bat. A healthy Troy may help, but I still dread playing Denver in Denver. That said, I still think we can beat them.

The Patriots don't worry me. We handled them easily last year and I think we're a better team this year. The key will be having a healthy Harrison/Woodley combo on the field putting pressure on Brady and our improved secondary play.

Houston doesn't worry me until they can get over the playoff hump and win in the postseason.

The Rats are our bitches in the playoffs, period. They want none of us I assure you... no matter how much hot air they blow about wanting us. We will humiliate and destroy that team with a healthy Ben.

I'd love a shot at the Colts to shut Arians the fuck up. I think we kill that team given an opportunity.

SteelersCanada 12-05-2012 03:37 PM

If we have to play Brady in his house - we're in trouble. The simple fact of the matter is, when Tom is playing in his house of pain, teams' seasons come to a screeching halt.

My brother is a Patriots fan, so by default I've seen every game of theirs this season (save for one) and the Patriots are easily the biggest challenge we have to getting a Super Bowl. Denver can't beat elite competition and Peyton packs it in come post season time. I realize Clark can't play in Denver, but I'd go to Denver 100 times out of a 100 instead of going to Gillette.

The title game will come down to us heading into Foxboro, though. Sadly.