Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94631)

RuHappy69 12-09-2012 07:24 AM

Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
Yes, he is a started but it's almost by default since Smith retired. His production as a #1 pick has been abysmal and I never see anything out of him when I watch every game. Why not give Al Woods the shot and maybe send a message to the rest of the team.

harrison'samonster 12-09-2012 07:41 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
i don't think he's a bust, he looks pretty good out there at times. Early in the season, the whole D-line was looking pretty weak, but they have come on in the last few games.

Stairway to 7 12-09-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
I think he's improved a bit, her's a starter on the #1 ranked defense, he doesn't make splash plays, but he must be pretty solid to keep his job.

wera176 12-09-2012 08:04 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
Why is there also such a rush or desire to call players "busts" on this forum? :doh:

So far this season we've had to endure threads/posts calling LeBeau a fraud, Timmons a bust, some unknown backup QB our best backup, old backups better than our starter, our top CB a waste, our #1 defense smoke and mirrors, our coaches and front offices idiots, and I guess just about every player we have has been called a bust on here.

I get sometimes it's venting and that's cool, but really? :noidea:

As far as Ziggy or the rest of our DL: DL don't make many splash plays in Dick's defense. Sure, he's not Smith, but Smith is likely the best ever at that position so NO ONE is Smith. But there were still many, many games where Smith was a key to the defenses success and his name was never called by the talking heads. Without watching film, it's hard to tell how well he is actually doing...

SteeleReign 12-09-2012 08:13 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wera176 (Post 1059896)
Why is there also such a rush or desire to call players "busts" on this forum? :doh:

So far this season we've had to endure threads/posts calling LeBeau a fraud, Timmons a bust, some unknown backup QB our best backup, old backups better than our starter, our top CB a waste, our #1 defense smoke and mirrors, our coaches and front offices idiots, and I guess just about every player we have has been called a bust on here.

I get sometimes it's venting and that's cool, but really? :noidea:

As far as Ziggy or the rest of our DL: DL don't make many splash plays in Dick's defense. Sure, he's not Smith, but Smith is likely the best ever at that position so NO ONE is Smith. But there were still many, many games where Smith was a key to the defenses success and his name was never called by the talking heads. Without watching film, it's hard to tell how well he is actually doing...

And, it's equally as likely that Ziggy HAS been a bust to this point. He's a first round pick with a ton of experience in LeBeau's complicated defense. As far as I'm concerned, these last 4 games & playoffs are his chance to change his "bust" status.

harrison'samonster 12-09-2012 08:17 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleReign (Post 1059897)
And, it's equally as likely that Ziggy HAS been a bust to this point. He's a first round pick with a ton of experience in LeBeau's complicated defense. As far as I'm concerned, these last 4 games & playoffs are his chance to change his "bust" status.

what does Ziggy need to show in the next few games to show you that he deserves his spot and is not a bust?

SteelersCanada 12-09-2012 08:34 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
People want our DE's to play like Watt and Justin Smith but don't realize that in our scheme, Ziggy is doing exactly what is being asked of him. He's not going to get 15+ sacks, but he's getting consistent pressure on the left side. Is he playing at an elite level? No, but as others have said, he's playing well enough to keep his job right now on an elite defense.

Did he warrant a first round pick? Probably not, but I don't think "bust" is the right label here. Even underachiever seems a little harsh.

El-Gonzo Jackson 12-09-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
The guy was a late 1st round pick. He plays a position on this team that is designed to eat up 2 blockers so that the LB's can make plays. He looked pretty good in beating Osemele last weekend for a sack and is relentless in pusuit.

For you posters out there with a need to call him a bust, go ahead. I dont think he is playing any better or worse than Keisel, Heyward are and I think he is doing what a 5-technique should on the #1 defense in the NFL.

Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey......you can chalk up as busts.

Stairway to 7 12-09-2012 09:05 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 1059900)
The guy was a late 1st round pick. He plays a position on this team that is designed to eat up 2 blockers so that the LB's can make plays. He looked pretty good in beating Osemele last weekend for a sack and is relentless in pusuit.

For you posters out there with a need to call him a bust, go ahead. I dont think he is playing any better or worse than Keisel, Heyward are and I think he is doing what a 5-technique should on the #1 defense in the NFL.

Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey......you can chalk up as busts.

Defintely, add that Amobi Okoye too, big hyped workout warrior, has done absolutely nothing.

FrancoLambert 12-09-2012 09:49 AM

Re: Is Ziggy Hood officially a bust?
 
If he was a bust he wouldn't be a starter and get so much playing time.
A "bit of a disappointment" for a 1st rounder sounds more accurate.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum