Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Steelers, playoff caliber? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94638)

plenewken 12-09-2012 02:46 PM

The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
You must be kidding.
Tomlin being outcoached by Norv Turner says it all.

madtowndrunkard 12-09-2012 02:51 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
uh yea... the fat lady is singing. Even if by some miracle we made the playoffs...we'd get killed. We have so many issues... from coaching to lack of playmakers... we just aren't that good.

We desperately need a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Our defense is great actually...but it lacks a big play maker. I'm not blaming the defense at all... our offense failed us again. I guess a new OC wasn't the solution after all.

Fire Arians 12-09-2012 02:56 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
offensive line couldn't open holes in the running game, and ben was getting killed back there. wallace dropped a sure TD that might have made the game look very different at the time.

they just weren't ready to play today, plain and simple. it's like they expect he bad teams to just roll over and die without a fight, it doesn't work that way

SteelersCanada 12-09-2012 03:05 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Belichick was outcoached by Ken Whisenhunt.

Playoff caliber? You have to be kidding me.

Mike Smith was outcoached by Ron Rivera.

Playoff caliber? You have to be kidding me.

Steel_Bus_24 12-09-2012 03:12 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Im not saying fire Tomlin but come on

give it up guys

Tomlin and the coaching staff deserve to get chewed out for not preparing the team in these so called Trap games

This sh** is happening way too much now.

I never count out the Steelers but something has to be done about their lack of consistency and discipline

Rowland2110 12-09-2012 03:29 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1060739)
Belichick was outcoached by Ken Whisenhunt.

Playoff caliber? You have to be kidding me.

Mike Smith was outcoached by Ron Rivera.

Playoff caliber? You have to be kidding me.


This isnt a one time thing. Its a pattern. Tomlins teams have lacked discipline even the year we went to the SB again GB. How we even got there still amazing me. I NEVER thought the steelers played clean enough football to get there and it is the reason why we lost..

The jury is still out but right how i can say things look good for Tomlin as a coach. The undisciplined and unprepared football started to creep into this team after SB 43 and it has only gone down hill since then.

ZoneBlitzer 12-09-2012 03:35 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 (Post 1060775)
Im not saying fire Tomlin but come on

give it up guys

Tomlin and the coaching staff deserve to get chewed out for not preparing the team in these so called Trap games

This sh** is happening way too much now.

I never count out the Steelers but something has to be done about their lack of consistency and discipline

You got to coach 'em up. You know your team struggles against below .500 teams so maybe you should adjust? Play more up tempo on O and get them going. Ben is comfortable with it. That's what good coaching does. It puts the players in a situation where they have a better chance to succeed.

ZoneBlitzer 12-09-2012 03:39 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowland2110 (Post 1060843)
This isnt a one time thing. Its a pattern. Tomlins teams have lacked discipline even the year we went to the SB again GB. How we even got there still amazing me. I NEVER thought the steelers played clean enough football to get there and it is the reason why we lost..

The jury is still out but right how i can say things look good for Tomlin as a coach. The undisciplined and unprepared football started to creep into this team after SB 43 and it has only gone down hill since then.

That is spot on. I've noticed the same thing. Bad teams turn the ball over. I'm pretty sure Pitt is at the top of the league for TOs.

Lady Steel 12-09-2012 04:25 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
One thing I have learned after watching this team for so many years is that you can never count them out. Can they get to the playoffs? Yep. Can they get to the big dance? Yep. Can they win the Super Bowl? Yep. I never, ever count them out until or unless, as someone posted in another thread, they are mathematically eliminated. And then I go shopping.

fansince'76 12-09-2012 04:32 PM

Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowland2110 (Post 1060843)
The jury is still out but right how i can say things look good for Tomlin as a coach. The undisciplined and unprepared football started to creep into this team after SB 43 and it has only gone down hill since then.

You'll be waiting for a while if a change in head coach is what you're waiting for. If they kept Cowher after that 1998-2003 stretch (3 losing seasons, and 4 non-playoff seasons in six years), do you really think they'll shitcan Tomlin when he hasn't even posted a losing season yet?

Get real.

And if they did decide to replace him, what "proven commodity" do they go after? Reid? Turner? Gruden?

Again, get real.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum