Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Please come off the ledge (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94651)

ETL 12-09-2012 03:52 PM

Please come off the ledge

Fellow Steeler fans, please hear me out.

Today's game sucked. We played poorly. We coached poorly and we had plays (incomplete pass / fumble going for a TD) that went against out way and yes, you are absolutely correct to be pissed about what happened today.

But don't lose hope. Here's why:

1. We control our own destiny. We win and we're in. The chargers or jets or dolphins can't say that. And once we're in the playoffs, it's a new game

2. We have a good defense. Please just don't use the last game to base your opinion on this but look at the whole season body of work. I would argue that our defense is better than all other defenses in the AFC other than Houston. And that means we have a chance in the playoffs

3. Ben is back. He was rusty today but his legs looked fresh. We could have lost him for the season with that injury but his arm strength looked good. Having him back means that we have a chance with any team

4. Cincy lost. Believe it or not - EVEN IF WE LOSE NEXT WEEK AGAINST THE COWBOYS - we can still make the playoffs if we beat the Bengals at home the following week and Browns the week after. And once we are in - its a new ball game.

Think of it this way. If I were an AFC division champ, the last team I would want to play is a Steeler team that has nothing to lose and gets no respect.

Have hope. I think we will be rewarded.

Lady Steel 12-09-2012 03:54 PM

Re: Please come off the ledge

I never lose hope, my Steelers brother. :tt:

Bayz101 12-09-2012 03:54 PM

Nice post. THESE are the threads I don't mind keeping. No, not because they're positive, but because it's well-written, well thought out and intelligent. Thanks ETL.

SteeleReign 12-09-2012 04:06 PM

Totally agree. I always old out hope. I just HOPE that the team is done with playing down to the opponent.

OX1947 12-09-2012 04:14 PM

I've lost Hope. Damn dog ran out after I screamed after that last TD the chargers scored.

ETL 12-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleReign (Post 1060924)
Totally agree. I always old out hope. I just HOPE that the team is done with playing down to the opponent.

I think you've been a fan long enough to know that we rarely blow out a team - especially a "bad" team. Yes, we seem to play down to our opponents and we get burned.

I have never played professional football so I don't know what it's like week in and week out mentally. It seems that when we get a chip on our shoulder we play well and when we are expected to win, we get lazy and expect other players to make plays.

I suspect a big emotional let down happened today after the big emotional win last week and players on a high with Ben returning.

I actually expect us to beat the Cowboys solidly next week

Fire Arians 12-09-2012 04:15 PM

and with the 19th pick in the 2013 nfl draft, the steelers pick.....

Rowland2110 12-09-2012 04:15 PM

And it was completely predictable . Any and all steeler fans should have seen it coming.

ETL 12-09-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1060935)
I've lost Hope. Damn dog ran out after I screamed after that last TD the chargers scored.

Your poor dog.

The_Joker 12-09-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1060935)

Get out. I'm serious, get the hell out.