Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben eyeing down receivers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94669)

STEELAMANIA 12-09-2012 06:43 PM

Ben eyeing down receivers

:doh:

No wonder he keeps holding the ball so long. He never looks for his hot read or his 3rd option because he is trying to force the ball to whoever he wants to throw it to. At least Batch looks both ways........Ben is not playing well. I'd rather have Batch in there.

cubanstogie 12-09-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Ben eyeing down receivers

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA (Post 1061183)

No wonder he keeps holding the ball so long. He never looks for his hot read or his 3rd option because he is trying to force the ball to whoever he wants to throw it to. At least Batch looks both ways........Ben is not playing well. I'd rather have Batch in there.

I really hope I missed the sarcasm. If not one of the worst posts ever.

STEELAMANIA 12-09-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubanstogie (Post 1061186)
I really hope I missed the sarcasm. If not one of the worst posts ever.

No sarcasm. Ben still hasn't learned to get rid of the ball because he is waiting for the receiver who he is eyeing down to get open.....instead of taking what the defense gives him.

cubanstogie 12-09-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA (Post 1061190)
No sarcasm. Ben still hasn't learned to get rid of the ball because he is waiting for the receiver who he is eyeing down to get open.....instead of taking what the defense gives him.

I will concede he stared down his receiver really early in the game when he threw an out to the left. Its kind of like ripping on a guys shooting percentage for missing 3 pointers when down by 20 in hoops though. The Chargers built big lead and pinned there ears back. Ben was forced to try and make a play. He had no running game or protection.

tony hipchest 12-09-2012 06:54 PM

:rofl:

"...batch..."

i dont think ben was eyeing down heath millers ass when he got blown up and pushed back into the passing lane in that 2nd half fumble TD.

there are certainly problems with the team, but when ben can play, batch isnt the answer.

im finally starting to buy in that mike wallace has dropping the ball issues. :dang:

STEELAMANIA 12-09-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1061200)
:rofl:

"...batch..."

i dont think ben was eyeing down heath millers ass when he got blown up and pushed back into the passing lane in that 2nd half fumble TD.

there are certainly problems with the team, but when ben can play, batch isnt the answer.

im finally starting to buy in that mike wallace has dropping the ball issues. :dang:

That wasn't Heath being pushed back.....that was the rookie tight end...number 81, whatever Paul's name is.....

Fire Arians 12-09-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA (Post 1061208)
That wasn't Heath being pushed back.....that was the rookie tight end...number 81, whatever Paul's name is.....

david paulson, yeah dude was on roller skates on that play

MACH1 12-09-2012 07:03 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...qqhl8KISF60bt9

GoFor7 12-09-2012 07:09 PM

I would do my typical yinzer impersonation, but the stupidity of this thread speaks for itself...

former RB 12-09-2012 07:15 PM

Ben needs to throw darts, thats his game. Defenses know that.

Bens problem is that he "Can't" throw a good deep ball. You don't worry about getting beat deep against Ben, so you keep everything in front of you. If you get beat deep, Ben will miss the throw, so............