Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2 Pts Safety Instead of 7.......... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94680)

zcoop 12-09-2012 09:25 PM

2 Pts Safety Instead of 7..........

If AB had jumped on the ball in the end zone. That was a five point swing. I am surprised that it has not been mentioned here yet. Any comments?

btaylor179 12-09-2012 09:34 PM

Re: 2 Pts Safety Instead of 7..........

i mentioned it under another forum......falls on the coaches.....you learn in pee wee to kick that ball.....he wasnt gonna go anywhere running if hed picked it up.....crazy ass coaching decisions in game as well

ETL 12-09-2012 09:41 PM

i think he was stunned that the whistle had not blown for an incomplete pass

if the call on the field was an incomplete pass - i don't think replay would have overturned it

tony hipchest 12-09-2012 11:01 PM

those wr screens are always behind the line of scrimmage. thats why the receiver takes a step BACK to receive them. heath miller got blown up on the line and his ass was pushed back into the passing lane.

if it were called a forward pass (as much as i wish it were) it would have been the wrong call.

but to answer this thread....

shit happens. brown looked like he wanted to pick the ball up and either run it out, or throw it away.

it certainly wasnt his plan to give up 7 instead of 2.

other than a bad call at a bad time, antonio not falling on the ball or kicking it out of bounds cant be blamed on the coaches. thats on the player there.

ETL 12-09-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1061378)
those wr screens are always behind the line of scrimmage. thats why the receiver takes a step BACK to receive them. heath miller got blown up on the line and his ass was pushed back into the passing lane.

if it were called a forward pass (as much as i wish it were) it would have been the wrong call.

but to answer this thread....

shit happens. brown looked like he wanted to pick the ball up and either run it out, or throw it away.

it certainly wasnt his plan to give up 7 instead of 2.

other than a bad call at a bad time, antonio not falling on the ball or kicking it out of bounds cant be blamed on the coaches. thats on the player there.

I think it was Paulson and not Miller that got his ass pushed back

tony hipchest 12-09-2012 11:23 PM

you are right.

at first i thought it was miller (they physically appear very similar), but when they showed the replay it was #81.

LVSteelersfan 12-09-2012 11:27 PM

Why the heck were they using Paulson on the goal line to try to block a WR screen? That is just plain stupid. I agree Brown should have just kicked that ball into the second row of the stands instead of letting them get it. That would have been easy enough.

Curtain_of_Steel 12-10-2012 05:58 PM

Well it was 81 before the replay too. If that matters. LOL

But your right on the mark Tony that coaches can't be blamed for the dumb ass not playing through the whistle. I will give you that one. But how many times do they have to be told to play through the whistle? The Steelers do this year in and year out on several plays a year.

Caught napping on the fake punt, than the supposed fumble.

Now, when will we learn the dam bubbles dont work? That you can blame Haley on. but not the lack of being smart enough to not pick up the ball.

El-Gonzo Jackson 12-10-2012 06:03 PM

I was upset that we were throwing a WR screen in the shadow of our own goal line more.

WR's are not real football players IMO, but rather mostly track athletes that can catch. To expect a guy to make a smart football play like kick it out of bounds or just fall on it for a safety is something Hines Ward or maybe Jerricho Cotchery, but not the "young money crew".

Fire Arians 12-10-2012 06:11 PM

judging by how our defense was playing in the 2nd half, it coulda been giving up 9 points instead of 7, don't kick it out AB! :chuckle: