Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colon done for season!? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94704)

steelfury02 12-10-2012 12:34 PM

Colon done for season!?

I apologize if someone beat me to it. Here's another tally mark. Crap
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...one-for-season

Steel_Bus_24 12-10-2012 12:37 PM

Re: Colon done for season!?

These freaking injuries dash my attempts at staying positive

Man I wish DeCastro could come in and play

SteelersCanada 12-10-2012 12:39 PM

It's time to put in DeCastro. I have nothing against Legursky, but DeCastro was our first round pick for a reason. Stop fucking around with Pouncey at LG and just put David out there and see what he can do.

steelfury02 12-10-2012 12:40 PM

this team just needs to go all out now, no matter the outcome - let's see some fuckin spitfire.

steelfury02 12-10-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1061556)
It's time to put in DeCastro. I have nothing against Legursky, but DeCastro was our first round pick for a reason. Stop fucking around with Pouncey at LG and just put David out there and see what he can do.

that really is a toss up for me. When the negative cards stack up do you put DeCastro out there, and possibly risk setting back his rehab, save him for next season - or, do you get him healthy for the playoffs (if they make it)

Steel_Bus_24 12-10-2012 12:46 PM

Expect the A-Gap Pressure with Press Coverage to continue

Im not sure SD lined up their MLBs anywhere else on Sunday.....They had our snap count zero'd in on and were teeing off

Our freaking WRs better get nasty and start making teams pay for that Madden Ball sh**

SteelersCanada 12-10-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 1061562)
that really is a toss up for me. When the negative cards stack up do you put DeCastro out there, and possibly risk setting back his rehab, save him for next season - or, do you get him healthy for the playoffs (if they make it)

I see what you're saying. But, if Colon's down I don't think we have another option. I mean, I don't think they would have brought David onto the active roster if he wasn't healthy enough to play but they didn't want to disrupt the chemistry that the line had about midway through the season - which is understandable. Now, our offensive line is in shambles (again) and we have a (potentially) Pro Bowl guard just sitting on the bench while Doug Legursky is going in? That doesn't sit right with me.

Let our Pro Bowl Center play Center, and let David go in at Guard. Legursky is a hell'uva backup, but that's all he'll ever be - a backup.

steelfury02 12-10-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1061569)
I see what you're saying. But, if Colon's down I don't think we have another option. I mean, I don't think they would have brought David onto the active roster if he wasn't healthy enough to play but they didn't want to disrupt the chemistry that the line had about midway through the season - which is understandable. Now, our offensive line is in shambles (again) and we have a (potentially) Pro Bowl guard just sitting on the bench while Doug Legursky is going in? That doesn't sit right with me.

Let our Pro Bowl Center play Center, and let David go in at Guard. Legursky is a hell'uva backup, but that's all he'll ever be - a backup.

true, now that you said that, I did see him dressed, didn't I?

ZoneBlitzer 12-10-2012 01:44 PM

Colon has the ferocity and attitude that is needed on that offense. He will be sorely missed.

Fire Arians 12-10-2012 01:44 PM

not good.