Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Name me one team that the Steelers can't beat... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94717)

desertsteel 12-10-2012 03:13 PM

Name me one team that the Steelers can't beat...

And also name me one team that the Steelers can't lose to lol...

That's the personality of this team. If we get in, there's no telling what can happen.

Edman 12-10-2012 03:21 PM

Re: Name me one team that the Steelers can't beat...

On the bright side, the Steelers aren't playing any struggling/bad teams anymore this year.

teegre 12-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 1061658)
On the bright side, the Steelers aren't playing any struggling/bad teams anymore this year.

Exactly!!! When playing good teams, they excel. And, they have two play-off teams (DAL & CINCY are both vying for play-off spots)... and then actual play-off teams. The only loss I "expect" is CLEV.

desertsteel 12-10-2012 03:30 PM

And the other good news is that there is no dominant team in the NFL this year. The Texans and the Falcons are NOT great teams.

Edman 12-10-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1061660)
Exactly!!! When playing good teams, they excel. And, they have two play-off teams (DAL & CINCY are both vying for play-off spots)... and then actual play-off teams. The only loss I "expect" is CLEV.

There's a difference between a problematic team and a bad team. It's the totally awful/struggling teams that the Steelers have a hard time with.

Cleveland doesn't completely suck this year, they're not great, but they're not total shit either. The Steelers will handle them.

Steel_Bus_24 12-10-2012 03:40 PM

I have serious doubts we could stop Brady or Manning's No Huddle

If we are fortunate enough to get that far.....Ben and the rest of the O will have to step up their game a good bit to keep up

Edman 12-10-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1061664)
And the other good news is that there is no dominant team in the NFL this year. The Texans and the Falcons are NOT great teams.

It's especially true in the AFC. Nobody wants to seperate themselves from the pack. NO ONE. 2012 has been a year of Parity in the NFL.

After all the screw ups the Steelers have had, they still have a chance to win the AFC North.

desertsteel 12-10-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 1061668)
There's a difference between a problematic team and a bad team. It's the totally awful/struggling teams that the Steelers have a hard time with.

Cleveland doesn't completely suck this year, they're not great, but they're not total shit either. The Steelers will handle them.

Have you forgotten that they already beat us?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 (Post 1061674)

If we are fortunate enough to get that far.....Ben and the rest of the O will have to step up their game a good bit to keep up

Yeah, Manning scares me the most.

steelerchad 12-10-2012 03:52 PM

honestly, if we get into the playoffs I would lay almost even odds against any team we played to win.

Since we'll be on the road, the scariest team is probably Denver. Then the Pats, then Texans. I actually think we'd be favored on the road to beat either the Ravens or Colts. None of these teams are dominant.
As for the NFC, everyone keeps saying how much tougher it is, but I'm not so sure.

The Pack. Don't really look unstoppable this year.
The Bears. That D peaked too early. Cutler in the playoffs. LOL.
Giants/Cowboys/Redskins. Nothing to see here.
49ers. Colin Kaepernick won't take this team the distance in his first try.
Falcons. Not quite sure what, but somethings missing here.

None of these teams are without flaw. A one game winner take all against one of these guys is not a monumental task.

Just saying. This season is far from over.

Edman 12-10-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 (Post 1061674)

Quick Strike Offense doesn't work so well when the QB's are sitting on the sidelines.

Long-grinding possession offense is the best way to beat a no-huddle offense. The Steelers did it right in Denver, except the Offense couldn't score TD's at the time.