Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94805)

Terminator 12-12-2012 10:55 AM

Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
December 12, 2012 9:48 am
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


The Steelers have signed rookie cornerback Isaiah Green of Fresno State and re-signed wide receivers David Gilreath and Derek Moye to their practice squad.

The team released wide receiver Bert Reed from the practice squad. The Steelers had another open spot on the practice squad because running back Baron Batch was signed to the 53-man roster to replace suspended Rashard Mendenhall.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Gilreath from the practice squad several weeks ago. But the Buccaneers released him Monday and the Steelers quickly re-signed him.

Green was an undrafted free agent who signed with the Buffalo Bills in May. He is 5-feet-10, 180 pounds.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-squad-665997/



*****************

http://i.imgur.com/6nvoi.jpg

Fire Arians 12-12-2012 10:59 AM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
camp bodies, none will ever be starters in the NFL

besides height doesnt always mean everything. darrell green was 5'9 and he had a pretty good career i'd say?

jtbsteeler 12-12-2012 11:21 AM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1062673)
Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
December 12, 2012 9:48 am
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


The Steelers have signed rookie cornerback Isaiah Green of Fresno State and re-signed wide receivers David Gilreath and Derek Moye to their practice squad.

The team released wide receiver Bert Reed from the practice squad. The Steelers had another open spot on the practice squad because running back Baron Batch was signed to the 53-man roster to replace suspended Rashard Mendenhall.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Gilreath from the practice squad several weeks ago. But the Buccaneers released him Monday and the Steelers quickly re-signed him.

Green was an undrafted free agent who signed with the Buffalo Bills in May. He is 5-feet-10, 180 pounds.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-squad-665997/



*****************

http://i.imgur.com/6nvoi.jpg



^^ Is funny...

Fire Haley 12-12-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
SB bound!

StainlessStill 12-12-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
I'm almost excited to see Dallas's WR's burn the absolute living shit out of us. 5'2 Josh Victorian pumps me UP. That aside, I'll be in Dallas. HERE WE GO! Hopefully, our guys show up this week.

SteelersCanada 12-12-2012 12:16 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Revis, Flowers, Haden and Joseph are arguably all in the top 5 CBs in the league. They're also all under 6 ft tall. Height isn't as big a deal as most guys make it out to be. I mean it helps, sure, but it's not a make-or-break for corners.

casteeler 12-12-2012 07:24 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
This just in Steelers sign sack of potatoes to play CB

Fire Arians 12-12-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by casteeler (Post 1062855)
This just in Steelers sign sack of potatoes to play CB

is diet pepsi machine a free agent yet?

[YOUTUBE]ZRKpKqylR_o[/YOUTUBE]

casteeler 12-12-2012 09:25 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1062861)
is diet pepsi machine a free agent yet?

[YOUTUBE]ZRKpKqylR_o[/YOUTUBE]

That's awesome I forgot about commercial

austinfrench76 12-12-2012 10:19 PM

Re: Steelers sign rookie cornerback, 2 wide receivers to practice squad
 
Just Practice Squad guys. Nothing to see here...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum