Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pro Bowl Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94895)

steelersfan299 12-14-2012 02:57 PM

Pro Bowl Steelers

Who on the steelers roster will make the 2013 Pro Bowl? I think Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu would have made it if they didn't get hurt.

teegre 12-14-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Pro Bowl Steelers

None... becaus ethey all will be playing on the following Sunday. :wink02:

PhantomJB93 12-14-2012 03:09 PM

I think we'll have minimal Pro Bowlers this year. I think Pouncey might be the only one, if any. Timmons and Clark deserve to go but they aren't popular enough and won't unless others decline the invites. Troy might get voted in just because the general population doesn't know any other SS's. Peyton, Brady, Luck, and maybe even Schaub will be ahead of Ben whether they deserve to be or not.

Cyphon 12-14-2012 03:21 PM

I can't think of any sure choices. I think the closest may be Ben but outside of him I can't think of any standouts.

Edit: Actually Heath Miller would be another choice. I don't know how his numbers stack up against other AFC TE's but he has been just about our MVP.

SteelersCanada 12-14-2012 03:23 PM

It's a very different conversation to have if you're talking about guys that are going versus guys who should be going. I honestly don't think we're going to have any guys on the Pro Bowl team and that's an absolute disgrace. Now, if we're talking about guys who should go it's easily guys like Pouncey, Starks, Timmons, Taylor, Clark and, probably most deservedly, Heeeeaaaaaathhhhh.

Ben and Troy have missed too much time to go this year.

Cyphon 12-14-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1063370)
Ben and Troy have missed too much time to go this year.

Troy I agree with. But from a numbers standpoint Ben is doing just fine.

Completion %

1. Manning
2. Ben
3. Brady
4. Rivers
5. Schaub

Yards

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. Luck
5. Dalton

TD/Int

1. Brady (29/4)
2. Ben (20/5)
3. Manning (30/10)
4. Schaub (21/10)
5. Flacco (18/9)

QBR

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Ben
4. Schaub
5. Dalton

Manning and Brady are 1 and 2 either way and it looks like Ben should get the 3rd spot. Schaub is next in line after that since Ben won't play because of preparing for the Superbowl.

pete74 12-14-2012 03:42 PM

Heath Miller is our only player who deserves to be there

Fire Arians 12-14-2012 03:42 PM

heath miller, maybe lawrence timmons

WVABE 12-14-2012 03:48 PM

Sqeezum's having a damn good year so far and Heath, but I wouldn't be shocked if Troy made it after only playing a few games. The system is severely screwed up.

rgj 12-14-2012 03:51 PM

Right now the only Steeler I can see on the ProBowl team would be Heath Miller. At this point, I do not believe anyone else deserves it.