Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Calm, my friends - it all comes down to the two weeks after today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94929)

LayingTheWoodley56 12-16-2012 08:42 AM

Calm, my friends - it all comes down to the two weeks after today

First: don't get me wrong. A victory today would be very helpful in solidifying a playoff spot for us, and I am hoping for a W in spite of the injury issues at CB and along the O-line. But, keep in mind that a loss here is also irrelevant as long as we can beat the Bengals and Browns at home over the final two games, and while neither is an easy assignment at this point those are two games I'm confident we should win.

That being said, let's go get these soft ass 'boys today and give ourselves a little breathing room here so we don't have to be holding our breath going into the last game against Cleveland. Who knows, maybe Victorian, Van Dyke and Brown will rise to the occasion and pleasantly surprise us all. I just hope that we don't have to simplify the defense to the point where we can't do the things we want to do schematically.

Another Sunday, my friends, drink it. Nothing better than this Steeler football :tt04:

ETL 12-16-2012 09:34 AM

Re: Calm, my friends - it all comes down to the two weeks after today

Agree with you. I don't care if we win every game by 1 point - as long as we win but there's a lot of posters who like style points and wishes we were somewhat like the patriots in how we win.

As for today's game - you are right - somewhat meaningless in playoff picture but would be nice to have the win. I expect the Steelers to come out strong

nj1923steelgirl 12-16-2012 09:44 AM

I want to beat the Cowboys!

casteeler 12-16-2012 10:16 AM

Re: Calm, my friends - it all comes down to the two weeks after todaya

I think this game matters a hell of a lot. These Steelers Cowboys games are like Steelers Ravens, maybe not to all of the players but to the orginization and most of Steeler Nation. This team needs to build confidence going into these final weeks because the Bengals are no pushovers and the Browns are vastly improved over last year. This game is very imprortant! Here we go Steelers!:tt04:

ChristianKustomz 12-16-2012 10:51 AM

I am surprised at how confident you are in today's game against the Cowgirls. Isn't it the same people that say "awwww it's an easy win...those teams suck" that we play down to and get beat ridiculously bad?

Don't count your eggs before they are hatched. I am undecided about today's game and quite frankly I don't expect much except another game of tense "what the NAP?...." and white knuckle arm rest grabbing frustrated fan yelling.

With this years Steelers team it's really anyone's guess. Might as well flip a coin because it could e anyone's game.

Ravens1 12-16-2012 11:37 AM

Good luck today. And don't forget, it's not just win or lose. Playing hard or playing soft can yield season ending injuries which is a concern for Pittsburgh and Baltimore, who have already racked up more injuries than most. Ben was hobbled by KC. An even more banged up team going into the stretch...well, you get the point. Here's hoping we can eventually field our best.

steelbad@50 12-16-2012 11:44 AM

Well it looks like most of the so called experts are picking the Cowboys to win this one, just the way we like it if u know what I mean.

Lady Steel 12-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nj1923steelgirl (Post 1063654)
I want to beat the Cowboys!

Preach it, sistah! :tt:

SteelBobbleHead 12-16-2012 12:05 PM

While I would like the Steelers to win every game a loss this week still does not end their post season hopes. The ultimate goal every season is to get another ring. For those worried about bragging rights, I would think another SB victory would go alot further a regular season win.

ChristianKustomz 12-16-2012 12:19 PM

True!

X2