Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any updates on Sean Spence? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94949)

RuHappy69 12-16-2012 06:00 PM

Any updates on Sean Spence?

How is he doing in his rehab? I def see him replacing Foote next year

Rotorhead 12-16-2012 06:56 PM

Why, Foote actually showed up today.

RuHappy69 12-16-2012 08:03 PM

Re: Any updates on Sean Spence?

Foote is old and slow and not the answer. Everyone knows that. Watch him in coverage. Pathetic.

uclkyle 12-16-2012 11:32 PM

The only time I noticed Foote today was when he got ran over and carried for 8 yards by D. Murray.

TRH 12-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclkyle (Post 1065673)
The only time I noticed Foote today was when he got ran over and carried for 8 yards by D. Murray.

+ 1.

Foote got bulldozed almost 10 yards. It was embarrssing. I'll give Foote "great effort" though for his play. But the sad fact is that he is a bit slow, the youth a bit gone. It's not going to cut it. He'll definitely be gone at the end of the year.

GoFor7 12-17-2012 12:09 AM

Keep one thing in mind: in 2010 James Farrior played well. Came back in 2011 and clearly wasn't the same. It's better to let someone go one year too early than one year too late. Then again, maybe they'll have no choice but to keep him.

JVip 12-17-2012 12:17 AM

Almost have to keep Foote around for depth, I hope Spence is more than a camp phenom.

SteelersCanada 12-17-2012 12:17 AM

How many times did Foote have a clear shot on Romo and he eluded him easily and Foote, due to his age and lack of quickness, wasn't able to recover? On the flip side, Timmons had one clear shot on Romo and, unsurprisingly, sat his ass down. I've said it on here before but it's relevant again - Timmons makes Foote look much better than he's actually playing. If you give Timmons a legitimate ILB to play with that's fast enough to cover and quick enough to make plays, this allows Timmons to blitz and get to the quarterback. Sadly, Foote isn't capable of doing either of those things and they've had to switch roles.

As for any news on Spence, I unfortunately haven't seen any. I'd like news one way or the other and it doesn't necessarily have to be anything definitive, just updates.

Fire Arians 12-17-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclkyle (Post 1065673)

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that stiff arm illegsl if he grabbed and held he face mask? looked obvious to me

kent 12-17-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1065709)
How many times did Foote have a clear shot on Romo and he eluded him easily and Foote, due to his age and lack of quickness, wasn't able to recover? On the flip side, Timmons had one clear shot on Romo and, unsurprisingly, sat his ass down. I've said it on here before but it's relevant again - Timmons makes Foote look much better than he's actually playing. If you give Timmons a legitimate ILB to play with that's fast enough to cover and quick enough to make plays, this allows Timmons to blitz and get to the quarterback. Sadly, Foote isn't capable of doing either of those things and they've had to switch roles.

As for any news on Spence, I unfortunately haven't seen any. I'd like news one way or the other and it doesn't necessarily have to be anything definitive, just updates.

Sounds like you played a little LB in your day.