Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The better team won today, period (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94954)

Fire Arians 12-16-2012 06:55 PM

The better team won today, period

Hats off to Dallas, they made rhe plays to win the game, our boys fought but it wasnt enough to overcome the mistakes.

dcsteel5804 12-16-2012 06:58 PM

Re: The better team won today, period

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1065187)
Hats off to Dallas, they made rhe plays to win the game, our boys fought but it wasnt enough to overcome the mistakes.

I may be a homer, but I disagree. We were down to our 4th, 5th, and 6th DB. We had a safety playing Miles Austin man-to-man. We were undermanned for this fight, but thats been the story all year. To me, we win this game if not for AB crapping the bed.... again

dcsteel5804 12-16-2012 06:58 PM

Not to take anything away from Dallas, but I think we should have won this game.

nj1923steelgirl 12-16-2012 07:01 PM

We SHOULD have won the game but again we just could not pull off a win

Fire Arians 12-16-2012 07:02 PM

I do too but shit happens, we did have plenty chances to win and didn't get it done. good teams win games, bad teams say shoulda woulda

TRH 12-16-2012 07:05 PM

we "should" have won every game right? Every team says that. The fact is, we didn't.

Brown GAVE the game to them and then to top it off.....THEIR defensive back made a GREAT defensive play and picked the ball off - something we just don't do. Mindboggling.

I don't want to admit it either - but the better team won today. People, people, people - we're just NOT that good right now. Changes are in need.

steelfury02 12-16-2012 07:11 PM

the bottom line is that the injuries didn't contribute to the outcome of the game. once again, someone on offense finds a way to cough up the ball.

Did injuries make Brown fumble the ball when we were up by a TD with the chance to increase the lead?

Did injuries cause the interception in OT?

Enough of the homerism. Do you really believe they'll win the next two - are you that sure? Maybe they win neither? They will be a 9-7 team AT BEST. If they manage to get into the playoffs by some miracle - which REAL AFC contender can this version hang with? Sure - we might luck out and MAYBE beat Baltimore twice in their house (if they can manage to quit fucking up on offense) - but, this team will get absolutely creamed.

You can quote 05 all you want, you can quote the Giants all you want. This team is NOT capable. End of story.

nj1923steelgirl 12-16-2012 07:11 PM

I agree about change.....

Kanata-Steeler 12-16-2012 07:19 PM

We WERE the better TEAM ! -but we lost.
I can NEVER stand losing to the Cowgirls, but now, once again, it's just a horrible tasting pill.

Rowland2110 12-16-2012 07:29 PM

Dallas is NOT better than us. This was probably the best game dallas has put together all year and they squeeked by relying on unforced mistakes to win. This is on coaching. When so many teams win not because they force turnovers but because players fumble and lose the ball for no reason, that is on coaching.

The steelers were out coached today. But it is another game they SHOULD have won.

The steelers have NEVER played a full game of football this year and i see no reason to think they going to.