Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Three positions we need to get younger/better (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94967)

uclkyle 12-16-2012 07:46 PM

Three positions we need to get younger/better

Name three positions you would like to see upgraded next year, either via draft or FA, I'll start....

1) Inside linebacker. Foote has been OK, but we can upgrade. I also think Timmons is playing out of position. Maybe he can eventually replace Harrison too, when he hangs it up. Neither Timmons nor Foote seems to be able to consistently make big plays.

2) Wide Receiver. A position that once seemed so deep, suddenly lacks playmakers. No one seems to be able to get open the last few games and these guys struggle against bump coverage. With Wallace leaving, I'm afraid we are going to need another big playmaker.

3) Safety. Ryan Clark is having a career year, but he isn't getting any younger. Troy's best days are clearly behind him. It's time to address this position, Golden and Allen don't cut it as backups. I think CB will be ok. Very deep there. When Ike and Lewis are both healthy, they are fine, as are their backups.

Fire Arians 12-16-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Three positions we need to get younger/better

i disagree, #1 is running back. opposing defenses will not respect the run if they have dwyer/redman to worry about. neither of those guys are going to kill you.

the offense could be scary good if we had a respectable running game, but do not.

Neil-Still-Rules-14 12-16-2012 07:47 PM

Running back...

MillerMania83 12-16-2012 07:50 PM

Running Back...The situation we have now at he position is SAD...Everytime I think Redman might be the guy, he either gets hurt or fumbles...We need a stud running back SO BAD, and that will only help Ben and the passing game.

uclkyle 12-16-2012 07:51 PM

IMHO, if you have a franchise QB (Ben), you can get away with plugging in RBs. Look at NE, GB, the Giants to a certain extent.....I just think we have more pressing needs.

Terminator 12-16-2012 07:52 PM

Running Back, bar none.

casteeler 12-16-2012 07:53 PM

Secondary, Troy needs to hang it up and this team needs to acquire at least 2 CBs. The Secondary is awful even with the Starters. How in the world is this team ranked #1?

Blackout 12-16-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerMania83 (Post 1065394)
Running Back...The situation we have now at he position is SAD...Everytime I think Redman might be the guy, he either gets hurt or fumbles...We need a stud running back SO BAD, and that will only help Ben and the passing game.

Helps when you have a decent O-line to open up holes for the RB to run through...

GoFor7 12-16-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casteeler (Post 1065398)
Secondary, Troy needs to hang it up and this team needs to acquire at least 2 CBs. The Secondary is awful even with the Starters. How in the world is this team ranked #1?

Because the offense possessed the ball for long periods of time. When that happens, a defense only has about 25 mins to lose a game.

WVABE 12-16-2012 07:57 PM

Definitely wide receiver- a receiver with balls like Cotchery.
Linebackers- with grips that can crush a skull.
QB's- they must have brains. (keep Charlie)