Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hard to Believe (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95002)

steelerchad 12-17-2012 07:39 AM

Hard to Believe

We still control our playoff destiny at 7-7.
With 2 wins at home, we're in as the #6 seed.
With 2 wins at home and 2 Ravens losses ( NYG and at Bengals) we win the AFC North at 9-7 and the #4 seed.

Steelers>NFL 12-17-2012 08:01 AM

Re: Hard to Believe

Ravens are trying hard to give away the division, and the Steelers are just too weak and not good enough to take over the division lead. Even if the Steelers get in the playoffs, they are not going anywhere. They will be out in the first round. Kinda hard to even get excited about potential playoff birth. Especially with their shitty playing, uninspired playing, etc...

maddog78 12-17-2012 08:02 AM

The Steelers have controlled their destiny all season, and they have 7-7 to show for it. I don't expect anything better than 8-8, and wouldn't be surprised at 7-9.

Terminator 12-17-2012 08:08 AM

We can't even beat the Chargers at home. You think we will beat the Bengals all of a sudden?

WVABE 12-17-2012 08:57 AM

Crazy things happen in football and I'm still on board for a playoff run whether we lose in the wildcard or not.

Believe it or not we still have a chance of going to the superbowl, slim chances but still there.

Atlanta Dan 12-17-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator (Post 1065834)
We can't even beat the Chargers at home. You think we will beat the Bengals all of a sudden?

Vegas thinks so - opening line is Steelers by 4&1/2 to 5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Follow the money

Pentheon 12-17-2012 08:59 AM

Im not giving up, we beat the Bengals and Browns and were in, playoffs anything can happen even with a banged up steelers team and how bad weve played as of late i'm still confident we will win these last two games and make a push in the playoffs. I would never give up on my team regardless how pissed off I am at the way things are going.

Look at it this way, we could be like other teams and still not even have a shot at all, be happy we do people

plenewken 12-17-2012 09:07 AM

Besides wishful thinking, what makes you believe that a team that has lost 4 out of the last 5 games is going to turn the tide and not only win the last 2 regular season games but also win playoffs games on the road? Plus, we're playing at home and the last 3 homes games turned into 2 losses and a lucky win (against KC!).
Let's be realistic. There's nothing compelling to back that up.

WRXXXGeof 12-17-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plenewken (Post 1065858)
Besides wishful thinking, what makes you believe that a team that has lost 4 out of the last 5 games is going to turn the tide and not only win the last 2 regular season games but also win playoffs games on the road? Plus, we're playing at home and the last 3 homes games turned into 2 losses and a lucky win (against KC!).
Let's be realistic. There's nothing compelling to back that up.

Delusions. Merely Delusions. That or headupass syndrome.

The_Joker 12-17-2012 09:14 AM

Bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine

We're still in it, and unlike most of you I won't give up until we're out.