Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just Say No To Wallace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95003)

ChristianKustomz 12-17-2012 07:02 AM

Just Say No To Wallace
 
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

GoFor7 12-17-2012 09:37 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz (Post 1065830)
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.

steelfury02 12-17-2012 09:59 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1065895)
Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.

Honestly, I just think all of Ben's weapons have lost faith, and the turnover issues are compounded because every time it happens, it messes with their minds a little. Heath is the only option I trust right now. Every other one has some head-issues to deal with. The more it happens, the more it happens - know what I mean?

TRH 12-17-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
There's still alot of good in Wallace - but almost without question, he'll be gone next year.

Curtain_of_Steel 12-17-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.

GoFor7 12-17-2012 10:22 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1065906)
For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.

So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB? :noidea:

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?

steelfury02 12-17-2012 10:36 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1065917)
So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB? :noidea:

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?

Benchedhard Spinthenfall will either be playing with the Cardinals, Colts, or will be the only cult member to drink the dixie cup. Such the "philosophizer"

lipps83 12-17-2012 10:38 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
I would be okay with it if Wallace were to resign a contract similar to Brown's but I don't think he will. I don't think he is worth any more than that, especially when his speed starts to fade he has nothing else to his game.

Steel Peon 12-17-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz (Post 1065830)
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Peon (Post 1060974)
He's certainly not to blame for every bad thing all season, but having Mike Wallace around this year has been more trouble than it was worth. It'll be interesting to see how much better the team does without him next year. And yes, I'm talking about next year, because this season's been over for a while, and we're just going through the motions of wrapping it up.

The man has been poison to us ever since last season ended, and is now an embarrasment, to not only the Steelers, but also to the entire league.

steelfury02 12-17-2012 10:43 AM

Re: Just Say No To Wallace
 
but he caught his 3rd or 4th long bomb of the year! Forget everything else!

I've posted this number before: 3 years, 16.5 million with 9 mil guaranteed up front. That is fair to keep him IMO.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum