Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DeCastro & Beachum (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95013)

Men of Steel 12-17-2012 11:52 AM

DeCastro & Beachum

I was at the game this Sunday... so dissapointed at the end, and an emotional rollercoaster throughout the game, fighting off ridiculously uneducated cowboy fans (you can imagine) through the whole game.

I didnt really get a good chance to pay close attention to DD and Beachum.

Can you guys give your output as to how they played this game? Considering DD's first game back after thinking he was done for the season a few months back, and Beachum wasnt even supposed to start this year.

Two rookies on the right side, I thought they did ok, although I saw DD get pushed into the backfield a few times. He didn't look too fast on those huge screens at cowboys stadium either.

Thoughts?

Fire Arians 12-17-2012 12:33 PM

Re: DeCastro & Beachum

still a little green. one of the back to back sacks that happened in the 4th quarter drive was on him

SteelersCanada 12-17-2012 12:48 PM

For the most part he had a good game. There were times - like what Fire Arians said on the last drive where he gave up the sack - where the rookie inside him came out a little bit, but he was solid for most of the game. Beachum didn't make any glaring mistakes and is slowly but surely making a case for him to stay at RT.

All in all, a good game for the two youngins.

pete74 12-17-2012 02:05 PM

I saw one play were the defense was just sbout to hit Ben and DeCastro came out of nowere and saved Ben's ass. He just clobbered the DE.

Men of Steel 12-17-2012 02:14 PM

That's good to hear.

I really do like Beachum, reason being, he is not getting beat constantly like Adams or Gilbert were earlier in the year. In fact, people dont mention him much. Butt that's a good thing if you're an offensive lineman. It means you're not screwing up. Im exited to see him solidify his role on the right side. Maybe adams or gilbert can take over the leftside if they play better once Starks retires.

As far as DD, I'm glad he is playing again and survived his first game back, 'in a hostile environment' as Tomlin would say.

blackandgoldsc 12-17-2012 03:03 PM

Serious question...
Would we rather see Starks/Gilbert on the ends, Starks/Adams, Starks/Beachum, Gilbert/Adams, Gilbert/Beachum, or Adams/Beachum?

I really don't know. I think Starks is very underrated, I think Gilbert is kind of overrated but that doesn't necessarily mean I am right or that the Steelers agree. Not sure what to really think of Adams and Beachum yet.

Steel_Bus_24 12-17-2012 04:17 PM

DeCastro gave up two big sacks...but held his own. Once his mind adjusts he's going to be a big + for the OL

He also cleared the way for a Dwyer short yardage TD....something that we've desperately needed for years

Im really sad we won't get to see our buster unit of

Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro

this season

Hawaii 5-0 12-17-2012 06:14 PM

• Right guard David DeCastro , making his NFL starting debut, and right tackle Kelvin Beachum were praised for holding up well in the first game they played alongside each other. “That‘s what‘s disappointing to me, to let guys down that played so well,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2FM0McleT

austinfrench76 12-17-2012 09:40 PM

Good to hear...

MillerMania83 12-17-2012 09:45 PM

IMO the future of our O-line looks very bright (if they stay healthy)...Just need to hold our own till these guys really turn into top notch NFL pro football players....And that only comes with time and games played for experience.