Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fans Disappointed There Weren't More Wins Against Crap Teams (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95038)

eafratitpm3 12-17-2012 08:31 PM

Fans Disappointed There Weren't More Wins Against Crap Teams

Steeler Nation wished there were more wins against crap teams this year! I figured if Ben can be disappointed we should let Ben know what is disappointing to Steeler Nation! Point is, there's no need to be blaming, just be quiet and start playing football.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Fire Arians 12-17-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Fans Disappointed There Weren't More Wins Against Crap Teams

I don't know, maybe this year's team just isn't that good.

I know the thought of this isn't popular, but our 2 signature wins were against an inconsistent giants team that was hit by a hurricane earlier that week, and against a ravens squad that was just starting to tailspin

there's a lot of talent on the team, and they are capable of beating anyone, they just need to fix some issues in the offseason, mainly the mental mistakes. this offense needs a running game, and quick, or they will continue to be 1 dimensional and not live up to their potential

austinfrench76 12-17-2012 09:33 PM

It's dissappointing to hear Ben talking about the lack no huddle and play calling. We win that game of Brown doesn't fumble that ball, catches that punt or Ben doesn't throw that Int in OT. WTF is he talking about no huddle??!!

eafratitpm3 12-17-2012 10:08 PM

That's the problem with this team IMO, every week it's the same old song. Week after week we hear from the players that we will turn this thing around. Week after week the same thing happens. Here is the typical 2012 Steeler game:
Steelers Offense starts out slow, steelers defense holds it's own. Steelers offense still sputtering. Defense holds it's own and gives up a FG. Steelers TO (fumble), Opponent scores TD after tired Defense gives up a TD. Steelers down 10-0 so now the Offense finally starts to play. Offense scores a TD, Defense holds. Offense gets into FG position, Suisham makes FG. Tied at Halftime. Steelers D holds after halftime Kickoff, Offense 3 and out, Steelers defense holds. Either a ST TO or Ben throws an interception. Tired defense gives up TD. Offense, 3 and out. Defense holds yet again. Punt returned for a TD by the Steelers, wait there's a flag, block in the back. Offense down 7 wakes up again and gets a TD, tie game. Steelers KO and ST's gives up a big return. Defense holds opponent to a FG. Steelers up 4 with two minutes left to play. Opponent kicks off to the Steelers, Rainey takes it 3-yards deep in the endzone and gets hit at the 17yd line and fumbles. Opponent takes over and scores game-winning TD.
Stop me if you've heard this before.
Tomlin press conference: "We didn't make enough significant plays and they did. They made more splash plays than we did" and "We take ownership of what we put on tape" and the ever popular "The Standard is the Standard"

TheVet 12-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 (Post 1066230)
That's the problem with this team IMO, every week it's the same old song. Week after week we hear from the players that we will turn this thing around. Week after week the same thing happens. Here is the typical 2012 Steeler game:
Steelers Offense starts out slow, steelers defense holds it's own. Steelers offense still sputtering. Defense holds it's own and gives up a FG. Steelers TO (fumble), Opponent scores TD after tired Defense gives up a TD. Steelers down 10-0 so now the Offense finally starts to play. Offense scores a TD, Defense holds. Offense gets into FG position, Suisham makes FG. Tied at Halftime. Steelers D holds after halftime Kickoff, Offense 3 and out, Steelers defense holds. Either a ST TO or Ben throws an interception. Tired defense gives up TD. Offense, 3 and out. Defense holds yet again. Punt returned for a TD by the Steelers, wait there's a flag, block in the back. Offense down 7 wakes up again and gets a TD, tie game. Steelers KO and ST's gives up a big return. Defense holds opponent to a FG. Steelers up 4 with two minutes left to play. Opponent kicks off to the Steelers, Rainey takes it 3-yards deep in the endzone and gets hit at the 17yd line and fumbles. Opponent takes over and scores game-winning TD.
Tomlin press conference: "We didn't make enough significant plays and they did. They made more splash plays than we did" and "We take ownership of what we put on tape" and the ever popular "The Standard is the Standard"

This is great!!! Good job!

:rofl:

Now let's hope it turns around in the final two games!

:drink:

steve314 12-17-2012 10:56 PM

Speaking of crap teams, I'm just very proud, as a Steeler fan, to be cheering against the 6-7 (yes, 6-7) Jets because of the playoff implications for the Steelers.

Hawaii 5-0 12-17-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve314 (Post 1066249)
Speaking of crap teams, I'm just very proud, as a Steeler fan, to be cheering against the 6-7 (yes, 6-7) Jets because of the playoff implications for the Steelers.

can't stand Rex the Big Mouth and the Sanchize, glad they lost again tonight...:thumbsup:

ZoneBlitzer 12-18-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 (Post 1066230)

Yup, you nailed it. Great post!

I would just also add ST gets big return to midfield. Offense goes 3 and out.

And a couple more turnovers.

steelfury02 12-18-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer (Post 1066395)
Yup, you nailed it. Great post!

I would just also add ST gets big return to midfield. Offense goes 3 and out.

And a couple more turnovers.

If Arians was here, he would have taken advantage of the great field positioning. OR NOT.

SteelersCanada 12-18-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1066200)
I don't know, maybe this year's team just isn't that good.

I know the thought of this isn't popular, but our 2 signature wins were against an inconsistent giants team that was hit by a hurricane earlier that week, and against a ravens squad that was just starting to tailspin

Getting hit by something like that gives your team emotion and passion to win - it doesn't deflate your team and work against you. That, and the officiating in that game was so fucking bad that we had to beat the Giants and the refs. Regarding the Ravens, I think we sent them into a tailspin. They were beaten at home which ended their winning streak with a third string, 38 year old quarterback. That, on top of their injuries, is a pretty good way to fuck a season up.

This teams problem is very, very simple: inconsistency.