Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   thoughts on Jets - Titans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95051)

TRH 12-18-2012 02:55 AM

thoughts on Jets - Titans

Wow. People bitch around here the way we play. Or if Ben throws one interception. Be GLAD you're not a Jets fan. That, my friends, was some of the worst football i've seen in years.
The only reason the Jets didn't get blown out by 50 points is that Tennessee's offense (aside from the C. Johnson 94 yard run) stunk up the joint too.
Thoughts :

1) Rex Ryan. Worst coach in the NFL?? Is this guy mentally ill? I've never heard of someone being SO stubborn in my life.
What does Mark Sanchez have to do to get benched????? Thow 7 interceptions in one game? 12 ? 15 ? Sanchez has played an entire year of dreadful QB - yet, Ryan still says "he's our guy".
If Ryan was anywhere else he'd be fired. His big mouth in a media attention city is the only reason he even keeps a job.

2) Tim Tebow. Why did the Jets HAVE to have him? They haven't even tried him as a starting QB, they're barely using him as a "wildcat" guy, not really as a backup, not really anything....
The Jets are ruining any chances he's going to have at a career. If i was Tebow's agent, i would demand a trade immediately - to somewhere where at least they're going to "use me". Problem is that Tim's such a nice guy, he will likely tow the line and not make waves. Anyone else would demand it.

3) Sanchez is absolutely horrific. I'm not sure if all those millions the Jets dumped on him in the offseason is "guaranteed" or not. Cut the losses - get someone else in there. Anybody. Alex Smith may be looking for a new home next year. Matt Flynn. Anyone. The milk man? The waterboy? But hey - these are the Jets. They'll stick with Sanchez. He's been given more chances to prove himself than just about anyone in the history of the game (well then again, we stuck with Kordell Stewart for quite awhile - he wasn't even this bad).

Been some teams that were supposed to be decent this year that have fell apart. Jets, Bears, Ravens, Steelers.....
Ugly game. Ugly team. Ugly coaching.

The_Joker 12-18-2012 05:55 AM

Re: thoughts on Jets - Titans

If Sanchez stays, the Jets fans will be out for someones, anyones head.

Fire Arians 12-18-2012 09:47 AM

teeeeeeebooooww ooooooo-oooohhhh

steeltheone 12-19-2012 12:58 PM

The Jets are a nightmare,Rex should be fired.

PATS16N0 12-19-2012 07:50 PM

The circus is going to continue next year, As amazing as it sounds, I bet they don't get rid of anyone and Rex Ryan, circus-master, finds a way to start Sanchez again at some point in the 2013 season.

He's a horrible head coach. Sanchez is a horrible quarterback. Jets fans defend them both so Jets fans deserve what they get.

Compare that joke of an organization to the well oil machine of New England and ask a JEST fan why he's surprised we own their asses in the AFC East.

Atlanta Dan 12-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPatriots (Post 1066903)
The circus is going to continue next year, As amazing as it sounds, I bet they don't get rid of anyone and Rex Ryan, circus-master, finds a way to start Sanchez again at some point in the 2013 season..

Guess again - the Jets apparently have decided that the problem is not having enough craziness surrounding the team:chuckle:

Jets to trade Mark Sanchez, pursue Michael Vick

The New York Daily News reports that the team will seek to trade Sanchez in the offseason, removing the possiblity of the quarterback coming back to compete for the starting job in 2013.

Adding yet another wrinkle to the story: the soon-to-be out of contract Michael Vick is one of the team’s potential replacements for Sanchez. The Daily News reports that Vick would relish the opportunity to come to New York, and quotes multiple sources within the organization saying that head coach Rex Ryan is a fan of the current Eagles signal-caller.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/ma...-michael-vick/

Sounds like a plan - what could possibly go wrong?:noidea:

mikegrimey 12-20-2012 04:55 PM

Why did the jets even bother to trade for Tebow if they're not going to give him a crack at QB? Must have Been a disconnect between team management and coaching somewhere because you typically don't trade draft picks for a punt protector

TRH 12-21-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikegrimey (Post 1067146)
Why did the jets even bother to trade for Tebow if they're not going to give him a crack at QB? Must have Been a disconnect between team management and coaching somewhere because you typically don't trade draft picks for a punt protector

well, after announcing they're going with their "3rd-stringer" now, instead of even giving Tebow a shot at all - it proves that the acquisition of Tebow was only for the media circus, hoopla, and sideshow - only.
And thats what they got. A horrendous way to run a team. You don't acquire a player just for that reason and that reason alone. This franchise is a joke right now, a complete embarrassment. The whole house needs cleaned. GM, OC, Head Coach. Sanchez too, the only problem is he's in for over 8 million in guaranteed money next year (another example of how STUPID this organization is - he was given more once Tebow was signed - how mindboggling stupid).
Ryan should be fired the day after the season ends. But hey, this is the Jokes (i mean Jets). They need the "circus". Of course he'll stay.

Funny --- the Giants play in the same city and they dont' need the 'media circus' - yet - they seem to get by just fine, dont' they???