Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How has Pittsbugh as a city felt? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95190)

casteeler 12-22-2012 05:43 PM

How has Pittsbugh as a city felt?

This question goes out to all current Pittsburghers. I have lived in a couple of different pro sports cities during tough times for their teams but none have the "feeling" that Pittsburgh has after a loss or win. In my mind this makes Pittsburgh unique because it seems that western Pa is emotionally attached to its teams (especially the Steelers).I'm hoping for Steeler electricity!

SteelerNation89 12-22-2012 06:39 PM

Re: How has Pittsbugh as a city felt?

Cannot speak for the city, but my uncle is so angered, that he is giving up his season seats after this season. Steelers need to be very worried about fan apathy if this continues.

4xSBChamps 12-22-2012 06:42 PM

few franchises have been named after the citizens of that city, and the industry that put the town on the map

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...psb73bd621.jpg

couple this with the 'feel-good' story the team gave the city in it's darkest hours of the 1970's, winning
Championships and forging legends in the history of the game as the mills were shuttered
and unemployment was rampant, so you have a unique situation

Quote:

"When you're in other organizations, you recognize that it's different and you respect it.

Until you are part of it, you have no idea of the depths.

It's generational, passed down from father to son.

I know the more I get to understand it, the more Steeler Nation drives me. I want to win for them because they are that special.''

~ Mike Tomlin ~

Hawaii 5-0 12-22-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerNation89 (Post 1067488)
Cannot speak for the city, but my uncle is so angered, that he is giving up his season seats after this season. Steelers need to be very worried about fan apathy if this continues.

your uncle is going to make someone on the waiting list very, very happy.

SteelerNation89 12-22-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1067491)

I have a feeling many ticket holders are fed up and considering giving them up.

casteeler 12-22-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1067491)

:applaudit:

jjpro11 12-22-2012 07:10 PM

LOL.. For every fan that is willing to give up their seats, there are 100,000 fans out there willing to take their spot.

Hawaii 5-0 12-22-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerNation89 (Post 1067493)

and there are many people on the waiting list who will gladly snap up every one of them...

steelerschik 12-22-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerNation89 (Post 1067493)

? Fed up with what? A losing season every now and again? I've lived here all my life and I've never known that to be true, not even in the 80s. We have 2 season tickets and the ONLY reason we do is they were passed to me from my father. We got them in 1996 and I will never give them up. They'll go to my kids and so on (I've already given my ticket to my son which was a sacrifice unlike any). If it weren't for my dad, I'd be on that waiting list forever like thousands of others. I would hope the fans would accept a bad season every once in a while and I know of no one fed up enough to get rid of anything.

casteeler 12-22-2012 07:55 PM

What happened to my thread? No matter how much I may complain about this team I will be ready next August to watch the preseason and watch all season long. So where are the Pittsburghers at?