Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95214)

uclkyle 12-23-2012 01:22 PM

Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Just prior to the long TD pass to A. Brown, Ben had attempted 10 passes. Of those 10 passes, SEVEN, that's right, SEVEN were on third down. On a cold day, to start a game, name me one NFL QB in the history of the league who could be successful in that scenario. I'm just saying. I realize we ran the ball well in the first half, but when you only pass on third down, it gives a good Cincy pass rush the ability to pin their ears back and rush. I'm not one to jump on the play caller......in the Burgh, nobody likes the O coordinator. But I've seen enough, this Todd Haley guy is a problem.

GoFor7 12-23-2012 01:27 PM

Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclkyle (Post 1068023)
Just prior to the long TD pass to A. Brown, Ben had attempted 10 passes. Of those 10 passes, SEVEN, that's right, SEVEN were on third down. On a cold day, to start a game, name me one NFL QB in the history of the league who could be successful in that scenario. I'm just saying. I realize we ran the ball well in the first half, but when you only pass on third down, it gives a good Cincy pass rush the ability to pin their ears back and rush. I'm not one to jump on the play caller......in the Burgh, nobody likes the O coordinator. But I've seen enough, this Todd Haley guy is a problem.

Because they're worried about time of possession, in turn ruining their own scoring chances.

Those of you who like this style of football but are pissed the offense doesn't score more - don't be. When you play this type of football, your offense won't score many points.

defence 12-23-2012 01:32 PM

When they're supposed to run on 3rd and 1 from the 5 they empty the backfield. This offence is horrible and this style doesn't allow Ben to get into any rythm.

AndyWitmyer 12-23-2012 01:36 PM

The team who wins the time of possession USUALLY wins the game. But that's only if you're team is good enough to put games away - otherwise, it's meaningless, and perhaps even detrimental.

Rowland2110 12-23-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer (Post 1068057)
The team who wins the time of possession USUALLY wins the game. But that's only if you're team is good enough to put games away - otherwise, it's meaningless, and perhaps even detrimental.

^^ this

The steelers do not score enough points for time of possession to matter.

uclkyle 12-23-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer (Post 1068057)

That is if (and only if) you score points with that time of possession. Moreover, teams with lots of time of possession typically have defenses that get turnovers and an offense that runs the ball well. We are what, 26th in rushing and last in turnovers.

Rowland2110 12-23-2012 02:36 PM

We are now passing on every single third down wondering why ben is getting sacked.

steeltheone 12-23-2012 02:48 PM

Does not help Decastro has been getting ran over.

defence 12-23-2012 02:49 PM

Win or lose; this offence is a disgrace. I can't believe people actually can argue the facts. Haley is a joke. The d has played there hearts out; and he has shit his pants

STEELAMANIA 12-23-2012 03:18 PM

Ben is the problem........I'm done watching this team until we get a new qb.....