Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Timmons - Team MVP (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=95278)

Steelers5895 12-23-2012 09:46 PM

Timmons - Team MVP

What a great year. i was on this guy big time but this was the play i wanted to see year in and year out.

his play makes troy expendable i think.

SteelersCanada 12-23-2012 10:05 PM

Re: Timmons - Team MVP

He's playing like Troy was 5 years ago. I agree with you, his play makes it seem like we can have Safeties that can play 15 - 20 yards deep every time and not have to rely on one guy for our secondary.

tanda10506 12-23-2012 10:19 PM

Timmons is the most worthy recipient. Played every game and played well most of the way through and had some really good games like today. Timmons for Team MVP and Keenan Lewis as Most Improved Player. Carnell Lake is a bad ass DB coach, two years in a row our most improved player has been a CB (at least IMO: Gay and now Lewis).

Penn 12-23-2012 10:45 PM

Heath is the team MVP imo

ZoneBlitzer 12-23-2012 10:48 PM

I like Clark. I thought he was the glue for the D.

Cyphon 12-23-2012 10:50 PM

Timmons isn't the team MVP. It has to go to Heath IMO. He had a career year and a probowl year and was arguably the best at his position around the league. I would also probably argue Ryan Clark over Timmons as well.

The defense kind of works in pairs. You have the 2 CB's feed off of each other, the 2 safeties, the 2 inside backers and the 2 outside backers etc....Foote had a very solid to great year which helped make Timmons what he was. On the other hand, Clark was without Troy and still managed to do what he does game in and game out. Timmons may have done that with Foote out as well if it came to that, but it didn't.

What I will say for Timmons is that as good as he started to play this year he is something I am looking forward to a lot. He may just be our next big name and have a shot at DPotY down the road.

lardlad 12-23-2012 10:52 PM

Him or Heath.. I'm good.

WVABE 12-24-2012 05:12 AM

There are so few players who deserve an mvp honor this year that whoever gets it I'm on board.

El-Gonzo Jackson 12-24-2012 07:57 AM

I think Defensively, Timmons stood out with Clark being a close 2nd.

Offensively Ben had a good year going until the injury and is still the best player out there. Wallace was just disappointing...he had hands of Dwight Stone this year for the most part and I dont think we get a chance to extend him here.

EbonySteel86 12-24-2012 08:03 AM

Timmons had a Hell of a year, but Heath should get MVP, something he would've NEVER SNIFFED if Arians was still here.